ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse interview 4 visa - PLEASE HELP!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rogerq

spouse interview 4 visa - PLEASE HELP!

Post by rogerq » Mon May 14, 2007 7:34 am

hi everyone,

my wife has an interview at the british embassy in Jakarta on thursday, with relation to her application for a spouse visa...

...can anyone provide us with some advice or guidelines regarding the possible interview questions that she may have to answer etc?

any help would be most appreciated, we"ve been completely honest with our visa application and we hope and prayer that the entry clearance officer will see how genuine we are in our aim to live happily together..

i should mention that my wife has a 3 year old son from her first marriage, but that her ex has given permission for his son to live in the UK with his mother..

thank you....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: spouse interview 4 visa - PLEASE HELP!

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 14, 2007 8:29 am

rogerq wrote:i should mention that my wife has a 3 year old son from her first marriage, but that her ex has given permission for his son to live in the UK with his mother..

thank you....
You need to provide proof showing the father gives his permission, just his word won't do.

Are you planning to bring the lad to UK at same time as his mother?

rogerq

Post by rogerq » Mon May 14, 2007 8:57 am

thank you for your reply

we have a signed letter from the father granting his permission for his son to stay in england with his mother

any other guidelines or tips for thursdays interview please?

thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 14, 2007 1:24 pm

rogerq wrote:thank you for your reply

we have a signed letter from the father granting his permission for his son to stay in england with his mother

thank you
And is that enough for the Indonesian Authorities to let the child leave? Might be but you should check, I know some countries require a court order showing that all parties agree and duly notarised.   

rogerq

Post by rogerq » Mon May 14, 2007 2:24 pm

my wife has also been granted custody of her child by the indonesian authorities....we have written proof of this obviously...

any more tips or guidelines regarding the visa interview process anyone??

ruthmac
Newly Registered

Re: spouse interview 4 visa - PLEASE HELP!

Post by ruthmac » Tue May 15, 2007 1:51 am

rogerq wrote:hi everyone,

my wife has an interview at the british embassy in Jakarta on thursday, with relation to her application for a spouse visa...

...can anyone provide us with some advice or guidelines regarding the possible interview questions that she may have to answer etc?

any help would be most appreciated, we"ve been completely honest with our visa application and we hope and prayer that the entry clearance officer will see how genuine we are in our aim to live happily together..

i should mention that my wife has a 3 year old son from her first marriage, but that her ex has given permission for his son to live in the UK with his mother..

thank you....
Roger,

Sorry I can't give you any advice; I just wanted to say good luck to your wife for her interview. Tidak usah kawatir, santai saja... 8)

from ruth in yogya