ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anybody still waiting from beginning of October?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lana0311
Newly Registered

Anybody still waiting from beginning of October?

Post by lana0311 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:03 am

Hi everyone,

I have been looking through the timeline thread and it seems that most people that applied in October have had their replies. I have called the HO multiple times, but still no luck. Im just getting a bit worried and wondering if any of you are still waiting for a decision from October?

I submitted my application on the 7th of October and funds were taken and 17th of October.

Thanks and good luck.

kris78
Newly Registered

Re: Anybody still waiting from beginning of October?

Post by kris78 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:21 am

I'm waiting for the approval. My time lines are below.

Eligibility criteria: 1yr WP+ 2 yrs HSMP + 3 yrs Tier 1 + 2 yrs ILR
Method of application: NCS, Wokingham
Date of application: 10/10/2013
Date of acknowledgement: 1/11/2013
Date of debit of fees: 30/10/2013
Date of approval: TBC
Approval Letter Recd: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:25 pm

for some weird reason HO seems to hate HSMP applicants. HSMP applicants are always punished with moving goal posts, raising bars in the middles, introducing news criteria and what not.

Now in naturalisation application, they tend to approve the hsmp applications as late as possible :twisted: If you check October approval lists, you will see only 5% ( may be less) of them are HSMP, Tier-1. This very unfortunately and there is nothing we can do about it!!

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:05 am

They have up to 6 months to get back to you. You applied in October which means they have until end of February to process your application. As you are aware, there was a significant increase in applications in October due to the change of immigration rules for naturalisation taking effect on 28 October 2013. This affected all applicants - not just HSMP Tier 1 applicants.

The October approval list are only those who applied on this board. It's a drop in the ocean to what UKBA is processing.