ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mortgage????

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Mortgage????

Post by annoyedatukba » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:46 pm

I was wondering if anyone has managed to obtain a mortgage while on a tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I am looking to purchase a flat (residential) and I am aware that it does NOT count towards the investment.

If anyone has gone through the process, I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks guys.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Mortgage????

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:55 pm

@ annoyedatukba, yes you can get a mortgage with tier1 entrepreneur visa, a friend with the same visa got his mortage about 2months ago.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ annoyedatukba, yes you can get a mortgage with tier1 entrepreneur visa, a friend with the same visa got his mortage about 2months ago.
@Olasunkanmi thanks for your response, I was under the impression that it was harder as one would need to show proof of income etc... and since business hasn't even begun yet not sure how that will function. Guess will approach the lender and see what they say

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Its not that difficult as its the same procedure as that of a self-employed individual, I will advice that you talk to estate agents first to plan how you will show your regular income before approaching the lender.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:11 am

Hi,
I recently got a mortgage approved with three months visa validity. You need to find a good financial consultant to represent your case.

Good luck

Thanks

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:14 am

chowkal wrote:Hi,
I recently got a mortgage approved with three months visa validity. You need to find a good financial consultant to represent your case.

Good luck

Thanks
Hi ... thanks for your reply, you mean you got a mortgage approved 3 months after your visa was issued? I have started to hunt for several mortgage advisors that I could have a chat with regarding my situation.

shah4404

Post by shah4404 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:08 pm

hi can you plz tell me any mortgage company name as i try but they said you can only get mortgage once you get ILR for buying house as i saw your msg that tier1 enterpr can get house on mortgage plz give name so i contact them thanks

shah4404

Post by shah4404 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:55 am

shah4404 wrote:hi can you plz tell me any mortgage company name as i try but they said you can only get mortgage once you get ILR for buying house as i saw your msg that tier1 enterpr can get house on mortgage plz give name so i contact them thanks

annoyedatukba
Member of Standing

Post by annoyedatukba » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:51 am

shah4404 wrote:
shah4404 wrote:hi can you plz tell me any mortgage company name as i try but they said you can only get mortgage once you get ILR for buying house as i saw your msg that tier1 enterpr can get house on mortgage plz give name so i contact them thanks
Hi there... I found that it is best to go through a mortgage advisor instead of going to an actual bank. They are familiar with the products that are available for people with different circumstances and can usually point you in the right direction. A friend of mine bought a flat when he was one a student visa, so the information that you have about no mortgage without ILR is incorrect.

shah4404

Post by shah4404 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:55 pm

thank you i will try to find some adviser thanks again

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:21 am

Olasunkanmi

please check your pm.