ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Danish Resident Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravi82
Newly Registered

Danish Resident Card

Post by ravi82 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi,

My wife has got a Danish EU resident card as she is an Indian citizen and I am British. She has been living in Denmark on the same card (resident permit) for eight months. Now we are moving back to UK as I got a new job in UK. If we need to visit any Schengen country from UK, does she need a visit visa or resident card will work for her (as it was issued from a member state of EU).

Thanks

ravi82
Newly Registered

Danish Resident Card

Post by ravi82 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi,

My wife has got a Danish EU resident card as she is an Indian citizen and I am British. She has been living in Denmark on the same card (resident permit) for eight months. Now we are moving back to UK as I got a new job in UK. If we need to visit any Schengen country from UK, does she need a visit visa or resident card will work for her (as it was issued from a member state of EU).

Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Danish Resident Card

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:38 am

Absences of up to six months will not affect the validity of the Danish residence card (or twelve months for important reasons such as work). If you leave Denmark permanently, then the card may become invalid.

Your wife can apply for a UK issued residence card once in the UK. In order to use that, she will need to be accompanying or joining you.