ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when I can apply for british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arihan

when I can apply for british passport

Post by arihan » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi,

I got my ILR on april 18th , 2013. So when I can apply for british passport at the earliest.

Similarly does my wife as she was dependant before will need to stay here for 5 years to get the british passport? She got ILR on oct, 2013 after completeion of 2 years as my dependant. So when she can apply for british passport at earliest?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: when I can apply for british passport

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:14 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Dear Amber or any senior member,

I have a question and apologies in advance if I am asking a repeated question, as I was unable to find answer to the following query:

I applied for ILR through PEO in August 2013 and I was given further enquiries letter. Then last week I received my approval letter stating that I will receive my bio metrics in a weeks time. Question is from which month should I count my 12 months for the BC ?
August 2013 OR Jan 2014 ?

Any feedback on this would be higly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

REDBULL110

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:40 pm

Jan 2014 unless you're the spouse/civil partner of a British Citizen, you'll have to wait 12 months.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.