ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA surprise visit during EEA2 application?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lyron
Newly Registered

UKBA surprise visit during EEA2 application?

Post by Lyron » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:30 am

Hello all,

Im Spanish, and my wife is Venezuelan. Im working right know and my wife will aply for an EEA2. The thing is that we are living right now in a room, and the person who rented us the room, said to us that it was very important to not saying that we are living in this address to the government, and that we always should say that we are in a temporary address of a friend's house, because the council does not knows about the subletings of the house (In other words, nobody knows that the landlord is subletting the rooms).

Is it common for the ukba to make "surprise visits" to your address during an EEA2 application? I Will supply our marriage certificate along several proof of our reationship (+5 years). Is really important for us to know this, because that may mean that we have to get a new home :(

Thanks all... Cheers

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: UKBA surprise visit during EEA2 application?

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:53 am

Home office changed it's policy from "Home Visit" to "calling for an interview" but i've seen cases where still they visit home if they wish it can be a UKBA officer or Police. It's extremely important UKBA knows you two living together or else they will consider it's shame marriage. Many EEA2 refused just because of that. I remember a case in this forum where an Applicant had to fight the case to the court and it took them 2 years just because they lived in a shared house and a new tenant who don't know EEA national name told UKBA office when they knocked the door that no one by that name live there

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... me%20visit

by the way it's illegal to live in that sort of house. Landlord is committing a crime by subletting a council house. If someone report it to the council you will have to leave and then you may not get your deposit back . ASAP

Show your landlord this ...

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Romford ... story.html
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:41 am

Lyron wrote:Hello all,

Im Spanish, and my wife is Venezuelan. Im working right know and my wife will aply for an EEA2. The thing is that we are living right now in a room, and the person who rented us the room, said to us that it was very important to not saying that we are living in this address to the government, and that we always should say that we are in a temporary address of a friend's house, because the council does not knows about the subletings of the house (In other words, nobody knows that the landlord is subletting the rooms).

Is it common for the ukba to make "surprise visits" to your address during an EEA2 application? I Will supply our marriage certificate along several proof of our reationship (+5 years). Is really important for us to know this, because that may mean that we have to get a new home :(

Thanks all... Cheers
I would suggest that you regularise your stay to avoid any complications, either with the application or with finding yourself homeless.

NissyEEA
Newly Registered

Post by NissyEEA » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:16 am

Hello, I am an EEA citizen and we applied for an EEA2 permit for my Husband
This is our timeline:

13. December - Application submitted
18. December - COA with no right to work
27. January - New COA with right to work
23. March - Interview in Liverpool
9. June (TODAY) - Surprise Home Visit from UKBA

We have been calling the UKBA to ask for status updates but the response was always that everything is still in process and no updates so far.

We live in one room together in a shared house. The Home office is aware of this.
We also are both working full time office hours 9 to 6. AGAIN: The Home Office is aware of this.

This morning we left the house for work as usual. Later, I received a text from my Husband telling me that our landlord has informed him that the home office came to our house for a surprise visit. They sat in their car in front of our home for another 30mins before they left again.

HELP anyone please?! What does this mean?

The Home Office is well aware that we live in a shared accommodation and that we are both working full time 5 days a week.
So why would they choose to come by at such an inconvenient time? To me this makes absolutely no sense.

Our 6 months time line is about to finish next week. Has anyone here had a home visit by the home office? What happened during that visit? Do we have to expect them to come by again at another day since they missed us today?

We are a genuine couple and are even in the process of buying a property in the UK at the moment.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help with advice!

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi I applied on November and done interview on your same day in liverpool after that no heard anything back. Same answer I'm receiving application is still under process.

natnat88
Newly Registered

Post by natnat88 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:08 am

Hello,

I got surprise visit by two immigration officers after 3 month i had my EEA2 visa. My husband has EU passport and lived and worked here for over 3 years. I lived here now almost 10 years. I received my EEA2 visa after 3 month i applied for it, and i had no visits or any interviews. When the officers came i was not home, and i was told by a neighbour that they were here. What can be the reason and why would they come after i was granted my visa?

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Post by bluecole2 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:34 am

svalavil wrote:Hi I applied on November and done interview on your same day in liverpool after that no heard anything back. Same answer I'm receiving application is still under process.
natnat88 wrote:Hello,

I got surprise visit by two immigration officers after 3 month i had my EEA2 visa. My husband has EU passport and lived and worked here for over 3 years. I lived here now almost 10 years. I received my EEA2 visa after 3 month i applied for it, and i had no visits or any interviews. When the officers came i was not home, and i was told by a neighbour that they were here. What can be the reason and why would they come after i was granted my visa?
NissyEEA wrote:Hello, I am an EEA citizen and we applied for an EEA2 permit for my Husband
This is our timeline:

13. December - Application submitted
18. December - COA with no right to work
27. January - New COA with right to work
23. March - Interview in Liverpool
9. June (TODAY) - Surprise Home Visit from UKBA

We have been calling the UKBA to ask for status updates but the response was always that everything is still in process and no updates so far.

We live in one room together in a shared house. The Home office is aware of this.
We also are both working full time office hours 9 to 6. AGAIN: The Home Office is aware of this.

This morning we left the house for work as usual. Later, I received a text from my Husband telling me that our landlord has informed him that the home office came to our house for a surprise visit. They sat in their car in front of our home for another 30mins before they left again.

HELP anyone please?! What does this mean?

The Home Office is well aware that we live in a shared accommodation and that we are both working full time 5 days a week.
So why would they choose to come by at such an inconvenient time? To me this makes absolutely no sense.

Our 6 months time line is about to finish next week. Has anyone here had a home visit by the home office? What happened during that visit? Do we have to expect them to come by again at another day since they missed us today?

We are a genuine couple and are even in the process of buying a property in the UK at the moment.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help with advice!
Why don't you just open a new thread?

There's no need to panic because ukba comes to visit. Do you know your rights at all? What Statute or act says that the ukba can visit your home un-invited and that you must welcome them?

Educate yourself on your rights people and you'll not need to worry over those crooks provided you're in geniune relationship.