ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR long residence application through lawyer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anas123456789
BANNED

ILR long residence application through lawyer

Post by anas123456789 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:09 pm

hello all

i am applying my ilr soon in few months time and i have an important query.

I am not going through any lawyer and building the application myself. someone told me that its always advisable to process your application through a professional well known lawyer as sometimes they have links inside home office where they can expedite your process and put results in your favour.

is there any truth in this? plz advise

if i am confident that i can process my application myself then does it really matter if dont go through any lawyer?

does home office recommends the applicant to go through consultants?

plz help and apologies if these questions sounds ludicrous

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR long residence application through lawyer

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Set(LR) and all passports covering 10 years legal residence and as long as you don't exceed the absence limits, it is a simple application.

You either qualify or you don't!! Using a solicitor is an extra big expense that won't make much difference to your application.
I am not going through any lawyer and building the application myself. someone told me that its always advisable to process your application through a professional well known lawyer as sometimes they have links inside home office where they can expedite your process and put results in your favour.

is there any truth in this? plz advise
No, not really
does home office recommends the applicant to go through consultants?
No, not really, but if you feel your case is complicated, the choice is yours.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.