ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post visa query

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shamsthesun
Bahrain

Post visa query

Post by shamsthesun » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Hello every 1,

Can any contractotor work on contractee premises????? Also do I need to register myself as "self employed" or shall I continue with already registered company??

Thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Post visa query

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:11 pm

@ shamsthesun, yes you can work on contractee premises, the only restriction is that you should pay your own tax and NI apart from this there is no major restriction when working as a contractor.

Also you dont need to re-register again as self-employed since you should have register for self assessment as a director of your busines, but if you havent register for self assessment yet, then you can still do that.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

shamsthesun
Bahrain

Post by shamsthesun » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ shamsthesun, yes you can work on contractee premises, the only restriction is that you should pay your own tax and NI apart from this there is no major restriction when working as a contractor.

Also you dont need to re-register again as self-employed since you should have register for self assessment as a director of your busines, but if you havent register for self assessment yet, then you can still do that.

@ Olasunkanmi, Thanks for your prompt reply well in that case do I need to sign a contract with my client and "mention" exclusively that I will work on their premises?? Also do I need to insert clause that somebody else will also perform that job as appointed by my company.
Sorry for little tangled question!

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:04 pm

@ shamsthesun, I don't think HO require that you should specify where you work or that you should include staff members on your contract letter. In every businesses staffs are allowed to work on any contract of the business at any location.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.