ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salman7777
Newly Registered

Spouse Naturalisation Application

Post by salman7777 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi,
We are about to submit naturalization application (spouse 3 years- form AN) through NCS. The applicant needs to travel abroad after submission of application. There was used to be a rule that the applicant must be present in the UK when the application will be received by the application. Is this rule still in place or she can travel on the same day after submission at NCS?

Any UKBA link confirming this will be much appreciated.

Below are the docs we are going to submit:
Arrived in the UK on 6th February 2011 so the applicant can apply on 05th February 2014)
Form AN (3 years residence period as per dates above)
1 Photograph ( No need to be certified by the referee but write name in the back)
Certified copy of Marriage Certificate translated in English
LIUK certificate (done as part of Settlement)
Grade 5 Trinity College Certification for Proof of English
British Passport of the Partner
Driving Licence, Passport and BRP of the Applicant.

Does the list as above look OK? I have been told that there is no requirement to submit payslips, bank statements, cohabitation document of the British partner or any tax documents. We have clean history and she is not working at the moment.

Many thanks for your quick response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Naturalisation Application

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:01 pm

travelling is fine, the rule you mention has been scrapped.

documents are fine
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MwanaKay

Post by MwanaKay » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:08 pm

salman7777 wrote:Hi,
We are about to submit naturalization application (spouse 3 years- form AN) through NCS. The applicant needs to travel abroad after submission of application. There was used to be a rule that the applicant must be present in the UK when the application will be received by the application. Is this rule still in place or she can travel on the same day after submission at NCS?

Any UKBA link confirming this will be much appreciated.

Below are the docs we are going to submit:
Arrived in the UK on 6th February 2011 so the applicant can apply on 05th February 2014)
Form AN (3 years residence period as per dates above)
1 Photograph ( No need to be certified by the referee but write name in the back)
Certified copy of Marriage Certificate translated in English
LIUK certificate (done as part of Settlement)
Grade 5 Trinity College Certification for Proof of English
British Passport of the Partner
Driving Licence, Passport and BRP of the Applicant.

Does the list as above look OK? I have been told that there is no requirement to submit payslips, bank statements, cohabitation document of the British partner or any tax documents. We have clean history and she is not working at the moment.

Many thanks for your quick response.

I agree with CR001

a) travelling is fine, the rule you mention has been scrapped.

b) documents are fine
Thank God for I have a British Passport!!!.
God conquered Everest (BC) for me, and now has presented me with a Britih Passport.
Hallelujah!!!

salman7777
Newly Registered

Post by salman7777 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Thanks CR001 and MwanaKay.

I managed to speak to the local NCS and they confirmed as well that the applicant can even travel on the same day after submission of application.

One thing though, they mentioned the earliest we can submit the application on 06th Feb rather than 05th Feb ( although applicant arrived in the UK on 06th Feb 2011). I thought, based on the guidelines, we could submit on the 05th Feb. But we can possibly wait, it's just one day so I did not argue at this point.