ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application acknowledged but payment not taken properly

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rikken

Application acknowledged but payment not taken properly

Post by rikken » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:13 pm

I applied back in December and the amount of the application fee was deducted from my balance on Wednesday 22 Jan in the morning. On the same day my debit card - that I used for the payment - got stuck in a cash machine and I had to cancel it and ask for a replacement. Since that time, the payment from UKBA is still showing as pending.

I've been into the bank branch and they confirmed who the pending payment was from but said that they just haven't got around to taking the payment yet - it's still there waiting.

This afternoon I received a letter from the Home office formally acknowledging my application dated 22 January - and stating that my application fee has been received and paid in full - however when I check internet banking after now 4 days it's still not cleared. So I assume there is a problem with them not being able to take the payment because my card was cancelled.

Any advice? I know calling them is a waste of time - but I'm concerned that they think I've paid but I haven't yet.

rikken

Re: Application acknowledged but payment not taken properly

Post by rikken » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:07 am

Bumping this as I'm keen to get someones opinion.

Should I try to contact UKBA? The payment is still pending in my bank - they just haven't taken it yet, it's been 7 days now. Not sure how long before it will be void.

If they realise they haven't been paid, would they write to me and ask for payment? Even though I have a letter from them stating the payment has been made in full?

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:43 pm

If you're really that concerned, you can contact UKBA to see if they have an issue on their end.

rikken

Post by rikken » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:29 am

Just Wondering wrote:If you're really that concerned, you can contact UKBA to see if they have an issue on their end.
They payment has now been reversed out because it's taken too long to be drawn. I sent an email through to them raising it so I figure they will respond.

It's a bit dodgy though that they write to you to say the fee is paid, even though it's not because they didn't bother to draw it out.

rikken

Post by rikken » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:31 pm

I emailed through to FurtherNationalityEnquiries address and explained the situation. I had an email back asking for my phone number so that someone from their cashiers team could call me back to organise the payment. Sorted.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:14 am

rikken wrote:I emailed through to FurtherNationalityEnquiries address and explained the situation. I had an email back asking for my phone number so that someone from their cashiers team could call me back to organise the payment. Sorted.
Good job!