ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP - Name with initials in the certs.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanju737
Newly Registered

HSMP - Name with initials in the certs.

Post by sanju737 » Tue May 15, 2007 12:07 pm

Please give info on this....
My brother is applying for HSMP from India. In his degree certificate his name is printed as 'Tharun N.' and in his driving license its printed as 'N.Tharun'.

But in his passport, Wage slips and Income Tax return it’s printed as 'Tharun Narayana Batt' which he is using as his full name.

In South India the concept of a second name was not there widely until modern legal systems initiated the use of second names to reduce the occurrence of name clashes. Peoples were using just initials instead of second name like ‘N’ for ‘Narayana Batt’ at the start of the First name or at the end. Ref article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_name

Will this be a problem if he submits those certificates to UK HSMP program?

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Wed May 16, 2007 8:34 am

Hi,
I have the same problem. But I guess it should not pose any danger (hopefully) in applying. I am planning to apply in the month of June.

Has any one been rejected with such a condition or with any other name issue?

Can any member comment please?

Cheers
PG

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Thu May 31, 2007 9:08 am

Can any one share similar experience? Also has anyone got the approval with such a scenario ?

Cheers
PG

debz

Post by debz » Thu May 31, 2007 12:59 pm

Hi sanju737 & MyHSMPApplication,

I anticipate issues in the above case. HSMP people are very finicky and they reject application for mere reason (I have seen this happening to people & friends). People in South India maybe aware of the concept of constricted second name, but not necessarily be others. So, they will have a valid reason to reject the application in your case.

I suggest you guys to call up the HSMP helpline number and pose the question to them. I feel the need of an affidavit or maybe newspaper advertisement or some other document, to play safe.
Regards,
Debjani.

sikouanastreet
Newly Registered

HSMP - Name with initials in the certs

Post by sikouanastreet » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:39 am

Hi sanju737 & MyHSMPApplication

I am also having the same issue that you have mentioned in this thread. My name in passport is First name: Anand Last name: Kishore. But in my degree certificate it is written as Anand.K

I want to know what you did for your case.
Did you submit by only explaining in the cover letter? Or did you do any affidavit/notary stuff?
What was the result of your HSMP application?

Regards
AK

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:31 am

Hi anand,
I got an Affidavit done out here in the UK. Let me tell you, appontment with a Solicitor out here is very very expensive. The entire process of getting an affidavit cost me about 240 GBP. In India the same can be done by about 300 RS.

Having said this, I enquired with the Indian Embassy out here and they stamp in the passport saying that you are also known as Mr Y. This only cost 8 GBP.

My case with the affidavit was approved and I have applied for FLR and waiting for the decission..

Cheers
PG

sikouanastreet
Newly Registered

Post by sikouanastreet » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:51 pm

Hi

In what format should the affidavit be created? Does anybody have something available?

I went to a notary public and he said that the affidavit can be filed like:
I write a letter stating that I am known by the names X, Y & Z and I sign it. The notary would sign below stating that he knows me and I have signed this statement in front of him and the signature is mine.

Is this the way the affidavit should be filed?

Regards