ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Route to Settlement and Passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coco__nutty

Route to Settlement and Passport

Post by coco__nutty » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:44 am

Can anyone please advise, what are my options, when my immigration history in the UK is as follows:

2003 - 2010 Student visas for 2 degrees from a legitimate University, recognised by the UKBA
2010-2013 - Post Study Work Visa (they lost part of my application, so it took a few months to get the visa, which meant that I got about 4 months on 'extended' student visa (while old one expired and I was awaiting decision on my application) before the PSW came through.
2013-2015 - Spouse visa...

Now, is my best (and only) option here applying for extension of Spouse visa once current one expires next year, or are there any other options for speeding up application for settlement and eventually, passport?

Also... when extending Spouse visa, will the application be pretty much same as before or will less (more???) evidence be required as it's just a 'top up'?

Thanks for your time :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Route to Settlement and Passport

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:42 am

ILR based on 10 years long residency - form Set(LR) and provided you meet all the standard requirements and no long gaps in legal status and absences. Current waiting times vary between 3 months and 8 months (approximately).

Once you get ILR (if you are eligible) and if your spouse is British, then you can apply immediately after ILR for citizenship and once approved and you have attended ceremony, you can apply for a passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coco__nutty

Re: Route to Settlement and Passport

Post by coco__nutty » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:14 am

CR001 wrote:ILR based on 10 years long residency - form Set(LR) and provided you meet all the standard requirements and no long gaps in legal status and absences. Current waiting times vary between 3 months and 8 months (approximately).

Once you get ILR (if you are eligible) and if your spouse is British, then you can apply immediately after ILR for citizenship and once approved and you have attended ceremony, you can apply for a passport.

Thanks for your response,

I'll look into this - my spouse is British.
And apart from going on holidays I've not lived/been away from Britain in the past (almost) 11 years - by the time I will be applying, will be 12.
The only thing that concerns me is that my PSW was refused and I got it on appeal, but the only reason it was refused was because HO read my bank statements wrong (there was way over the amount required and they stated it was in negative balance). I won it on appeal, but would this hinder my application/eligibility?..
It has never been mentioned or questioned at any other applications and I got my spouse visa in less than a month!

Thanks again!