ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under Tier-2 Previous immigration history - Help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shivuk

ILR under Tier-2 Previous immigration history - Help please

Post by shivuk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:33 pm

We have booked a PEO appointment for our ILR under Tier-2 (General). I have a question regarding my previous immigration history during the period that is not covered by this application.
After completing my studies in the UK in 2000, I worked for 6 months having obtained a work permit but before getting Home office decision (breaching of condition attached to visa). I overstayed about 5 months waiting for home office decision as well. Having received no decision I left the UK voluntarily at my own expense on September 2000. After returning to my country, I received a paper visa from the Home office with an extension of stay in the U.K until May 2001. But the visa was not issued to take up the employment.
I re-entered the UK on Tier-2 visa on 2009 and extended the visa on 2012. In both occasions, I stated my pass immigration history and submitted supporting documents.
I will be telling them the same story for our ILR application!! I am bit concerned that case worker might differ the decision treating this as a complex case. Any advice or suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks.