ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation as a British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

calyps
Newly Registered

Naturalisation as a British citizen

Post by calyps » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:51 am

Hello All,

A quick question. My wife entered UK for the first time in July 2011 as a work permit holder dependent valid for one year (and aligned with when my 5 work permit was to expire).

When I applied for ILR, I also applied for my wife and we both now have ILR. I am now eligible for Naturalisation as a British citizen. I am wondering if my wife is also eligible or not keeping in mind she has been in UK for only 2.5 years.

Thanks,

MwanaKay

Re: Naturalisation as a British citizen

Post by MwanaKay » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:05 am

calyps wrote:Hello All,

A quick question. My wife entered UK for the first time in July 2011 as a work permit holder dependent valid for one year (and aligned with when my 5 work permit was to expire).

When I applied for ILR, I also applied for my wife and we both now have ILR. I am now eligible for Naturalisation as a British citizen. I am wondering if my wife is also eligible or not keeping in mind she has been in UK for only 2.5 years.

Thanks,

You can apply for your BC but your wife will need to satisfy the 5 years period in the country requirement or if she applies after you become a british citizen, she will need to satisfy the 3 years period in the country requirement.

I would suggest the later, get your BC first, by the time you get it after July she will be to satisfy the 3 years period requirement being a spouse of a BC
Thank God for I have a British Passport!!!.
God conquered Everest (BC) for me, and now has presented me with a Britih Passport.
Hallelujah!!!