ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 permit holder travelling Europe without spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhruv_

EEA2 permit holder travelling Europe without spouse

Post by dhruv_ » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Hello

I have gone through the forum but could not be clear about some queries I have. I would be grateful if I get help me with some questions I have.

I am an Indian national residing in UK on EEA2 residence permit. I am married to European national (Polish). I am planning to visit some European countries by road such as France, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Slovenia, Croatia, Austria, Netherlands etc as a tourist with my friends.
I will be travelling WITHOUT my spouse. France will be the first country I will be visiting. In this case,
I would like to know if I will need a Schengen visa, if I do, is it a normal Schengen visa I should apply for, and do I have to pay the fees?

Also, if I decide to travel through France but not stay in France and have a first stay in Belgium, should I apply in French or Belgian embassy?

Thanking you

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA2 permit holder travelling Europe without spouse

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Short stay Schengen visa is required. You will need to pay for it.

The rule is you should apply to the country you will spend most of the trip or if the duration is equal, the country you enter the Schengen area.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:03 am

Jambo wrote:Short stay Schengen visa is required. You will need to pay for it.

The rule is you should apply to the country you will spend most of the trip or if the duration is equal, the country you enter the Schengen area.
i don't think he need to pay for VISA. When i applied they didn't charge me
Take your marriage certificate and your wife passport to apply for visa. They will issue Schengen visa but it will be free ( hope so ).
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:28 pm

You may not have been charged, which is nice. However, if there is no freedom of movement element (i.e. accompanying or joining EU national), then normal Schengen rules apply.

dhruv_

Post by dhruv_ » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:45 am

Thank you for the input guys. Now I am clear that I need a schengen visa. I'm not worried much about fees as it is not too much anyway.
If I can ask another question, according to your experience, which embassy will be easier to quicker to apply? French or Belgian? I can book hotels accordingly if one of them is better than the other.

Thanks.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:10 pm

They ought to be identical.