ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Retain

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

billboy
Newly Registered

Right of Retain

Post by billboy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:54 am

hi my question is after the right of retain as a non-EU family member RC it is possible that i can do another marriage and if i do that from another country which status she got or which visa home office will give her.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Right of Retain

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:55 am

There is no problem for you to get married again but you could not sponsor others under EEA regulations so either the partner qualifies for a visa on their own or once you obtain PR apply under the UK immigration rules (as a spouse of a settled person).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

billboy
Newly Registered

Post by billboy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:33 pm

thanks for that its means she can come here on student or as a visitor?and after my PR she can transfer on my status

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

If she meets the requirements she could apply for a visa. You can't switch to spouse visa within the UK. She will need to leave and apply from her home country.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

billboy
Newly Registered

Post by billboy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:18 pm

thank you.

kemsol
Newly Registered

Post by kemsol » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:17 am

hi everyone,please apology if i have come to the wrong place to post or have violated any rules as am posting under someones post as i have find it difficult to create a new post as am a new member,pls do accept my apology.
My problem are====I am married to an eea national as my wife,we have a child together and the child is 2 yrs now,we married Jan 2012 and i was issued with 5 years residence card, expiring 2017,the marriage is having a big problem after which i moved to another address and start living on my own after 2 years living together before and after marriage all making 2 years living together,now we are starting divorce process and i think am having problem and i believe i will have problem,she has agreed to give me access to my boy but after marriage from jan 2012 she has not been working since n up till date,this is my problem,pls what can i do now to retain my right after divorce?thought of getting health insurance came to mind but is it ok to get it now as i understand the ho will only ask for prove of exercising treaty right of my wife during the divorce process only to retain my right,pls correct me if am wrong here,she was on housing benefit,child tax credit ,child benefit before i knew her cuz she had 2 kids before we meet and still on the same benefits till date,pls if i am to get health insurance now,pls when exactly is the right time to get it during the divorce process,pls do help me out,i will appreciate all advice pls,God ll help all of u.

kemsol
Newly Registered

Post by kemsol » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:49 pm

pls i think am posting on d under d wrong post,pls i cant n dont know how dis website operate,i have tried to make a new post but dont know how,pls moderators help me out,i need answers to my problem,,,,thanks