ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement for spouse visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yangma_rai
Newly Registered

English language requirement for spouse visa

Post by yangma_rai » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:44 am

Hi

I did IELTS when I applied for my spouse visa in 2011. Now I am applying for ILR so do I need to do the ESOL test again or will I be ok as I showed them the IELTS certificate in 2011. I am applying in april.

Thanks

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: English language requirement for spouse visa

Post by silent_warrior » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:22 am

for the purpose of settlement or nationality applications, UKBA can accept the IELTS certificate, irrespective of when the test was passed, provided the qualification is at B1 level.
So, no you don't have to give IELTS again.

vijayp21
Newly Registered

Post by vijayp21 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:12 am

Hi Yangma_rai,

We recently had our ILR application successful.

If the degree is recognised in the PBS calculator you can take a print of the points awarded for it as proof of English at B1 level.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks
Vijay

yangma_rai
Newly Registered

Post by yangma_rai » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:33 pm

hi vijay
under which tier should i calculate the point??

i am on spouse visa not a student so confused...

if ielts dont count then should i give esol test??

thanks

vijayp21
Newly Registered

Post by vijayp21 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:42 am

Hi,

On PBS calculator select Tier 1 general, extending your stay in UK then continue with the PBS options as normal.

As long as your university course is recognised in the PBS calculator , and the points are awarded for the qualification , and points are awarded for English language you can take a print out of this..

You have to attach the original degree with your application along with the above.

If you are still in doubt send your details from the PBS calculator to KnowledgeOfLifePolicyQueries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Here is the email i sent :
"
I am a dependent on my husband who is on Tier 1 General.

I have completed my Bachelors Degree : <<<<<<<Mention you degree >>>>>>>

I have the original convocation/degree certificate and my degree is being recognized on the PBS calculator .

The points are also awarded for the same for English Language. Please find extract of the qualification/English language below from the PBS calculator.

Would really appreciate if you could clarify that I meet the KOLL requirement for settlement based on : My Orginal Degree certificate + points awarded for english on PBS Calculator +Life in the UK test pass certificate

Your response will help me and others immensely, and I appreciate your time and consideration on this issue.
"

Good luck
Vj