ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU Citizen married to EU Citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nice and smooth

Non EU Citizen married to EU Citizen

Post by nice and smooth » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:34 pm

I wanted to know if a non EU National with EU Fam (Stamp 4) can travel to Germany or any European country without Spouse. Thanks
NICEANDSMOOTH

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Non EU Citizen married to EU Citizen

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:11 pm

Stamp 4EUFam would be only valid to travel another EU member state if your EU spouse is travelling with you and u have ur marriage certificate with you. Travelling on ur own with Stamp 4EUFam is not enough for you.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:21 pm

Calvin, you said on my thread that "A non-eu family member of an eu-national can travel alone every time, Once he gets an eu 5 year residence card."

Please can you explain as reading from the reply above, I'm now really confused!
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:15 pm

We are discussing two different things.

1- Nice & Smooth wants to know if he can visit Germany or another EU member state on his own (without his EU spouse), so the answer is : "Stamp 4EUFam would be only valid to travel another EU member state (without obtaining a visa for Germany) if your EU spouse is travelling with you and u have ur marriage certificate with you. Travelling on ur own with Stamp 4EUFam is not enough as you would require a visa for that EU member state".

Jellybean105 question was "If he can travel alone": Yes u can travel alone every where and there is no restrictions on you but you need to get a visa to enter another country. For example, you want to go to Denmark, Yes it is open for you to go but you need a visa to enter Denmark (If you are travelling alone) or If you are travelling with your EU spouse and marriage certificate you don't need a visa.

Hope i have answered your question. If not please ask, happy to explain further