ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

35 days short for long residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Meghanand
Newly Registered

35 days short for long residency

Post by Meghanand » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:33 pm

Hello everybody,
I am a silent reader to this forum and find it very helpful. But stillI am confused and have some questions. I hope somebody will be able to lead me. I am due to apply ILR on basis of long residency but I am short of 35 days to complete 10 years. I have come to know through this forum that in this case I can apply for an extension and then vary the application to ILR. Does anybody know any success story who have varied the application?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: 35 days short for long residency

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:51 pm

what is the exact date that you complete 10 yrs?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Meghanand
Newly Registered

Post by Meghanand » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:04 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:what is the exact date that you complete 10 yrs?

Hi there, I will be completing 10 years this August 5 but my visa expires on 30 of June ..
I have also been suggested by various parties not to vary application as it complicates the process and can take a very long time. I don't know what is best to do. I am confused. Somebody please suggest me.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:55 am

See also options.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Meghanand
Newly Registered

Post by Meghanand » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:55 am

Hi Vinny,
Thanks for the information however I wanted to ask, let's say I followed your second option and posted the application shortly before the visa expires and hope it will be okay by the date of decision, (but the Ukba clearly states that application sent before 28 days might be invalid). If my application is considered invalid and comes back after my visa expires,
1. Will I be able to apply again?
If yes
2. Will the dates in between my visa expiry and another application made will make my stay illegal?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:18 am

Invalid applications are subject to 34C.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Meghanand
Newly Registered

Post by Meghanand » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi Vinny,
I have been thinking about varying the application to ILR after 10 days of posting an application for an extension. However I wanted to know which category am I eligible for extension ? Right now I am in Tier 1 PSW.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:55 pm

Meghanand
Newly Registered

Post by Meghanand » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi Vinny
I am not eligible for tier 2 general as I don't hold required salaried job. Can I apply for tier 4 extension? If yes then how much maintainaince is required for me and my 3 dependants ( wife and two kids born in the UK)? And for how many months should I show the money? Can I skip my kids application as we don't have any travel plans for now?

BibiRa
Newly Registered

Re:38 days short for 10 years long residency

Post by BibiRa » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:34 pm

Please Please Advise
To The Expert,SSWSZ, Guru and any one who can give me and advice.

Me and my Daughter came in UK on 16/July/2004 as Visitor Visa (Mean 6 Month Visa Tourist). My first Daughter is 10 Years old now who was born in Mauritius, she came after 3 Months, Second Daughter is 7 Years old Born in UK in Sep 2006. I lost One Daughter 2 Years ago (Still Born Baby). :(
We convert our Visitor visa as Student Dependant Visa on November 2004 till Now, as my husband is here since October 2003 as on student visa till June 2014.

My queries are I got 35-40 days Gap for making the 10Years application. Our visa is run out on 06/June/2014. (Me and my First Daughters came on 16 July 2004).

1. What is the best way to apply?
2. Which application we need to make?
3. Which Document need to provide?
Please answer my queries. I will appreciate your help.

God Bless
Best Regards
From
Bibi

adrianmark2k
Newly Registered

16 days short for long residency

Post by adrianmark2k » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm a new member to this site, but previously I've come across a lot of useful information from a lot of informative members here. I'll come to the point.... I came to the Uk on a student visa in June 2006, by next year I wish to apply for my 10 year long residency (ILR). My details are as below:-
1) Entered the uk- 09.06.2006
2) Current visa Expiry date - 24.05.2016 (HSMP)

My Questions- 1) I am 16 days shot of my 10 years residence anniversary! How could I apply for my ILR ? Any possibility to extend my stay??
2) What are the basic documents required ? Apart from my passports, life in the uk pass and English language (uk Naric recognised qualification). Any other documents to make my case strong?

Please your feedback will be much appreciated. And for members who's visa was granted in line with 10 year long residence route, kindly share your detailed experience while your ILR was granted.
Thank you for your precious Time and hoping to hear some positive responses. :)