ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified passport photocopies or return of passport?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inUK
Newly Registered

Certified passport photocopies or return of passport?

Post by inUK » Wed May 16, 2007 5:53 pm

Hi,

I am applying for an unmarried visa with the EEA2 form (my partner and I fulfill all necessary requirements), but I know I'll have to travel abroad one month after sending my application (I'll be away only for one week).

Has anyone submitted a certified copy of the passport to apply for an unmarried couple visa with the EEA2 form in order to be able to travel abroad later on? Is this allowed at all?

Or would it be better to send the original passport now and ask for a return later on? How difficult is it to do this? does it cost anything or affect/delay the application process?

Thanks!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu May 24, 2007 9:23 am

I would submit the certified copy along with an explaination that you will be travelling and so need the passport for now. Say that you will submit the passport when the Residence Card is ready to issue.