ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Criteria

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sham111

Naturalisation Criteria

Post by sham111 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi Guys,

Need some advise regarding my situaltion.

I am on ILR since 2013.

I was out for 105 days during the last 12 months , as I was sick back home. I have a current job and the employeer know about my situaltion when I was sick abroad.

My question is would I qualify for naturalisation at discretion , works on my case.

Many Thanks

Shams

trend
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Criteria

Post by trend » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:46 pm

There are no guarantees when it comes to discretion, all you can do is provide all the documents to support your case and add details on the additional information page, but you should also be prepared to accept the consequences if your case fails to meet their absences discretion criteria (you could loose your application fees)

A safer alternative would be to wait till your absences fall within the required range (hopefully at some point this year)