ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student married A British Citizen. Need advice Urgent Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hano
Newly Registered

Student married A British Citizen. Need advice Urgent Please

Post by Hano » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:49 pm

I am International student from Egypt, I came to UK in Sept 2012 to study MBA, I met my wife (British Citizen) in November 2012 and we continued together until we've got marry in June 2013 in the registry office, I have completed my MBA in November 2013 - my student visa going to expire on 06/04/2014.
I am going to apply by next week but I don't know is FLR(M) the right application for me or not ?
All condition of UKBA are okay but one of the requirement is genuine and subsisting relationship( and your partner have visited one another's home country and family) my wife didn't visit my family because there are unstable situation in Egypt and alots of protest in Cairo which force us to cancel out ticket in last July 2013. Is that gonna affect my application.

what is your advices if I will apply In person?

Thanks everyone

Regards,

Hano

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Student married A British Citizen. Need advice Urgent Pl

Post by njoy1987 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:08 am

FLR (M) is the correct for for you.

Visiting each others parents is not a requirement but an indication that the relationship is subsisting. There is various other ways to prove this letters adressed to u and her on the same address. Have HMRC letters bank statements. Nhs letters council tax letters. Rent book with both yours and her name on etc

hope this helps

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Student married A British Citizen. Need advice Urgent Pl

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:27 am

@ Hano, applying in person might be a very good option if you go with your wife as caseworker can ask both of you any questions directly if in doubt of your relationship.
If you both have any child together, then thats enough proof to show your relationship is subsisting.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.