ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relocating to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maaberglady45

Relocating to Ireland

Post by maaberglady45 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:54 am

Wondering if anyone can help me with this enquiry

Am a naturalised British currently working in London. and intend to relocate to Ireland in March and work. Reason for this is in other to get residence visa through EU for my non eu partner

We are getting married in July so I want to know three things basically
First of all I intend to get a transfer from where I work by next month(March) to work with same company in Ireland to avoid hustle of finding a job. Which means av decided to go n work for three months then go home for my marriage ceremony in July and return to Ireland with my husband. I assume he can apply for a visa to travel with me to Ireland and if that's possible can someone tell me the procedure for it please?

Secondly I would like to know that do I need to get something that will enable me to work or is having a British citizen enough to work

Thirdly can someone elaborate what my spouse will need to work in Ireland and also how many months visa will he be given

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Re: Relocating to Ireland

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:21 am

You need you British passport to work legally in Ireland. That is all.

You can apply for your current partner to get a visa to join you, or you can wait until you are married. If you are married you need your passport (to show you are EU citizen) his passport (proof of identity) and an original marriage certificate.

Technically he can start work the moment he arrives in Ireland. Some people wait until they have a stamp in their passport, but he can start work immediately.

He will be given a three month visa at first, then at the end of the three months you provide payslips and proof of address and he will get another six months visa. Then you give more payslips at the end of the six months and he gets a 5 year EU FAM visa.
BL

maaberglady45

Post by maaberglady45 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Thanks for reply. So this means I won't need a pps number or do I still have to apply anyway? Because I understand i will need a pps for my partners stamp 4 application
Is this correct?

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Post by Latintraveller » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:39 pm

You will both need PPS numbers. Unless you have one you will have to pay emergency tax on your earnings. Your PPS is like an NI number and tax number rolled into one.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:48 pm

The passport gives you a legal right to work. All other stuff, like needing a pps number, is easy to organise. Every person resident in Ireland is supposed to have a pps number, even newborn babies, so as to track access to things like education and health care and paying income tax.
BL

maaberglady45

Post by maaberglady45 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:14 am

Right... So how does my partner get a visa to enter Ireland? Will it be at the airport when we arrive in Dublin or does he need to apply from Ghana where he currently resides?

Thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:54 pm

He will need to apply where he currently resides unless he plans to move to somewhere else. You should check out the Irish Embassy website in the country where he is living.

He won't be able to board a flight if he doesn't have a visa and, therefore, is unlikely to make it to the Irish border to try to get entry there.

maaberglady45

Post by maaberglady45 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi all,
Just need a little bit of advice from people that have used SS route in Ireland, I am a British citizen and have decided to go to Galway, am going alone this time as spouse in non eu country and will be joning me in June.
Am only going for a week first of all to look for a flat,register for pps and also open bank account.
What do I need to tell immigration when I get there?
I know these questions may since a bit silly but I jus need someone who has used that route or has a fair idea on what I need to do to advise me really as am still Not sure of the whole process . Thanks

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:43 pm

If you are a British citizen immigration will not usually ask any questions,as you have the right to be in Ireland for three months without any condition. If they ask just say you plan to look for work and show UK passport.
BL

Callum.a
Newly Registered

Post by Callum.a » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote: Technically he can start work the moment he arrives in Ireland. Some people wait until they have a stamp in their passport, but he can start work immediately.
I have applied for stamp 4 Eufam. Can I begin working now without the visa? What do I say to employers if they ask about visa? I have a pps number, so if I begin working can I claim tax credits straight away? Will it affect my application in any way if I begin working?

sawar2006
Newly Registered

Post by sawar2006 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:02 pm

do you have a email adress i can contact you on just wanted to ask a question you put up on non eu spouse visa

sawar2006
Newly Registered

Post by sawar2006 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:03 pm

do you have a email adress i can contact you on just wanted to ask a question you put up on non eu spouse visa