ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Docs Lost, been over 4 months, Pls help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pintu73
Newly Registered

Docs Lost, been over 4 months, Pls help

Post by pintu73 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:49 pm

Hello Guys,
I applied for HSMP, and thru email i was informed that the documents were posted along with approval letter on 15th Jan, but hvnt yet received my original documents and Decision Letter. Its been over 4 months now.

I'm a software engineer and am presently working in Bahrain. It's traumatic to wait for the docs, since i sent all the originals. The only mistake that i did was not to take the Courier option.

I visited the local postoffice, but they said they dont track airmails. I really dont know what to do now. Any information to help me is highly appreciated.

I can ask HSMP to send a copy of the decision letter again, but what about my Originals? I really find this forum highly informative, and i hope to get some hlep.

Tx in advance

nshar1

Re: Docs Lost, been over 4 months, Pls help

Post by nshar1 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:07 am

Hi Pintu73,
There are many cases where people have lost their documents.

I had request for a reprint of my letter and here is what I got as reply

"Dear Applicant

Thankyou for your email.

You will be contacted via email when your reprint is ready for collection and this will advise how to make the necessary arrangements.

Please note that reprints can take up to 6 weeks as there are currently a high volume of these to be investigated and issued.
"

When I contacted HO on phone the rep told me that there were large number of cases where documents were lost.

Sorry but, I would advice you to give up your hope of getting the documents back. Please act immediately on getting a reprint before you cross the 6-month window for EC.

Regards,
NShar1

pintu73
Newly Registered

Post by pintu73 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:38 pm

I'm glad to say that, when i called them up, my docs were lying with the case officer. i'm now arranging for a courier to pick it up. Forum, this is my sincere advice, pick the courier option, else be prepared for the likely ordeal of airmail waiting, u cant even track it.