ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advise on following

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Simon.Po
Newly Registered

Please advise on following

Post by Simon.Po » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi all,

My company changed its name and updated it through SMS a couple of days ago. They also sent some documents to UKBA to confirm name change as per UKBA's request. They didn't get any response from UKBA regarding this yet.

I was reading that in some cases UKBA might ask the company to re-apply for sponsor license if the company changing its name.

Meanwhile, I am planning to travel abroad for a week next week.

My question is: am I doing something risky, i.e. if UKBA will ask my employer to re-apply for license while I am abroad will it be a problem for me to come back to the UK if borders see that my company need to re-apply for a license? Can they refuse my entry? Or it is not a problem for me at all as I have a valid Tier 2 visa?

Very nervous about this!

And the problem is that the country I am planning to visit requires a visa as well so I applied for a visa in advance. So now if I will not travel then will have another problem with applying for a visa with that country next time as didn't use this visa! Such a pain!!

Will highly appreciate your responses! Thanks a lot!

Kindly,
Simon