ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mdaoud
Newly Registered

Citizenship application queries

Post by mdaoud » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:57 am

Hello all,
I am planning to apply for my citizenship early next month, and i would be very glad if you can help me to make sure my application is fine.

My route was HSMP + tier1 (extension) + ILR.

The list of documents I am planning to submit are:
a) AN Application form + photos
b) Passport
c) ILR BRP
d) LIUK test
e) IELTS (obtained in May 2009 - used for Tier 1 extension 2010)
f) Bachelors certificate
g) Letter from uni that my education was in English
h) NARIC certificate
i) PBS calculator print out that my degree scored 30 points

My questions are:

1)In the list of documents I wasn't sure if I do need to submit P60s or payslips. Can you please advice?

2) For the English requirements, I thought to submit my expired IELTS and the bachelors certificate to remove any doubts.
will this be too much documents to submit and the expired IELTS should be enough?

3) My 2 referees are going to be; my dentist (not British) and my neighbour (British) - will say family friends. Is this fine?

4) I read in some posts here that I need to submit my HMRC UTR number, how I can provide this? for example letter from employee including the number?

Again, I thank you all for your help and support during this stressful process.

Thanks,
M

ambitions_high

Re: Citizenship application queries

Post by ambitions_high » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:27 am

[quote="mdaoud"]My questions are:

1)In the list of documents I wasn't sure if I do need to submit P60s or payslips. Can you please advice? - You dont have to submit either of these for your BC application.

2) For the English requirements, I thought to submit my expired IELTS and the bachelors certificate to remove any doubts.
will this be too much documents to submit and the expired IELTS should be enough? - You can submit the same document which you used for your Tier 1 extensions so in this case your IELTS certificate will be fine.

3) My 2 referees are going to be; my dentist (not British) and my neighbour (British) - will say family friends. Is this fine? - Yes, that should be fine.

4) I read in some posts here that I need to submit my HMRC UTR number, how I can provide this? for example letter from employee including the number? - You will see your UTR number in your self assessment form.

mdaoud
Newly Registered

Post by mdaoud » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:38 am

ambitions_high wrote:
mdaoud wrote:My questions are:

1)In the list of documents I wasn't sure if I do need to submit P60s or payslips. Can you please advice? - You dont have to submit either of these for your BC application.

will this be too much documents to submit and the expired IELTS should be enough? - You can submit the same document which you used for your Tier 1 extensions so in this case your IELTS certificate will be fine.

3) My 2 referees are going to be; my dentist (not British) and my neighbour (British) - will say family friends. Is this fine? - Yes, that should be fine.

4) I read in some posts here that I need to submit my HMRC UTR number, how I can provide this? for example letter from employee including the number? - You will see your UTR number in your self assessment form.

Thank you very much ambitions_high for your great help.
Regarding point 4, I am full time employed so I meant how i can provide the UTR number to the HO? Is there a place in the AN application form or I do need to add extra document?

Thanks,
M

ambitions_high

Post by ambitions_high » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:11 pm

You need to provide your UTR number in Section 3 ques 5 of the AN form. No need to provide any further document for your UTR.

mdaoud
Newly Registered

Post by mdaoud » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:42 pm

ambitions_high wrote:You need to provide your UTR number in Section 3 ques 5 of the AN form. No need to provide any further document for your UTR.
That's great thanks for your clarification!
But from where I can get my UTR? I am full time employed and my company do my taxes!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:57 pm

You need the PAYE reference if you were full time employed. Your HR department can give you this number, alternatively it will be on your P60.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mdaoud
Newly Registered

Post by mdaoud » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:02 pm

CR001 wrote:You need the PAYE reference if you were full time employed. Your HR department can give you this number, alternatively it will be on your P60.
Perfect, thank you very much for your answer. I do really appreciate all the help you are providing!

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Hello

One question, I have joined new company last month. Is that PAYE Referance is similar to P60 referance?

mdaoud
Newly Registered

Post by mdaoud » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:08 pm

Guys,
I am trying to print out the point based calculator for my degree. I selected that i am extending my Tier 1 application just to be able to proceed.
It is asking me the date of my first Tier 1 application. In here do I put the Tier 1 extension date (as it is my first Tier 1 visa) or my initial HSMP date?

P.S. When I put my initial HSMP date (2008) I get 30 points, when I put my tier 1 extension date (2010) I get ZERO points!!

Can you please advise?

Thanks,
M