ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long from citizenship approval to ceremony ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chico
Newly Registered

How long from citizenship approval to ceremony ?

Post by chico » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:08 am

Hi All,

I've got the letter from the HO approving my citizenship application. It took only three weeks !!

I'd like to know how long it takes now for them to invite us for the ceremony.

Any idea?

Cheers,

Chico Maia

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:40 pm

Chico,

The following string should give you some idea. Perhaps Vinodn can tell us the exact number of days or weeks:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=1129

Congratulations. At the risk of counting money in front of the poor (us!), perhaps you can explain the circumstances of your application and how you managed such quick approval. By posting these real experiences, this Board helps a lot of people.

Regards,
Joseph

chico
Newly Registered

Post by chico » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:51 pm

Sorry I didn't mean to "show off". I think it was approved that quickly because it was a straightforward case:

4 years WP
1 year ILR

For both me and my wife. We got to this country at the same tme 5 years ago.

I sent certified copies of our passports and the application form. That was it. Probably just luck!

Cheers,

Chico

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:00 pm

Chico,
No problem, I was just kidding. It's good to know that the Naturalisation process has speeded up in straightfoward cases. I would expect that you should get your invitation within the next week or two. Please let us know how long it takes to book a ceremony and how smoothly it went. Good luck!
Regards,
Joseph

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:35 pm

Naturalisation process has certainly speeded up but only for recent applicants - read post Jan 2004. Effectively there are 2 queues - many of those that submitted before 2004 or especially prior to the Immigration and Nationality Act 2002 are still sweating it out. What is happening is backlog being cleared whilst one is prevented from being built up - this is the time to apply if eligible 8) .

Epiphany
Newly Registered

Post by Epiphany » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:36 pm

You should soon receive another letter asking you to contact your local council to fix a time for the ceremony. In my case, I got this letter a week or so(I think 10 days to be precise) after I got the citizenship approval letter.
Good luck to you.

chico
Newly Registered

Post by chico » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:57 pm

Just an update on my case. A week after I had the approval letter from the HO for my citizenship, I got the letter from the Citizenship Ceremony group giving details on how to book the ceremony.

I called the council and they booked my ceremony for September 1st, as they only have ceremonies once a month, on the first Wednesday of every month.

I then attended the ceremony, which was quite interesting. Now I've got the certificate and should be applying for the passport soon.

Thanks for all the advice.

Chico

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:51 am

chico
Thanks. Looks like it went very efficiently. Good Luck!
Joseph