ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Needed - 10 Year Long Residency Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

educators

Advice Needed - 10 Year Long Residency Application

Post by educators » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:18 am

Hi Guys,

My 10 years are being completed in July 2014 and I would really appreciate if you can give your advice and suggestions on my situation based on your knowledge. Please see below my timeline first and then questions are being given in the end.

Timeline
1) Entered UK on student visa in July 2004
2) Had few extensions. All applied within time.
3) Visited home country few times - Total days absent 417. Highest absence was 161 days.
4) Left UK for my home country before the expiry of student visa at the end of Feb 2010 as I was not able to apply for PSW at that time because of not having my Masters degree result in my hand- Got my result in my home country and came back UK on 7 August 2010 on PSW visa with my wife as my dependant. Gap was 161 days.
5) Had a baby born here in April 2012. Did not apply for his any passport or visa yet. We only have his birth certificate.
6) Got Tier 1 Entrepreneur in Dec 2012 and my wife as my dependant valid until Dec 2015.

Questions

1) My first question is am I eligible to apply for ILR on long residency basis in June 2014 despite of the fact I left UK in 2010. Stayed in my country for 5 months and few days and then came back?

2) When I will apply for my ILR in June, should I apply anything for my wife at the same time? If yes then which application. If not then after I get my ILR what application I should make for herself FLR(M) OR FLR(FP)? What documents will be required for it?

3) I am aware of the fact that it is better not to apply anything for child born in UK until I get my ILR but will it not be good if we inform UKBA that we have a child. Can it make our application stronger. If yes then what should be the right procedure to inform or apply for this?

4) I believe I only need to send my passports and brp for the duration of 10 years with my degree and life in UK test result. Do I need to send anything else as well?

Waiting for your responses.
Many Thanks in Advance

Shah05

Re: Advice Needed - 10 Year Long Residency Application

Post by Shah05 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:31 pm

As far as I know you are eligible for 10years ilr, as u left country and came back as well with valid visa. According to my knowledge you can disregard 6 months if u Have stayed outside uk.