ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Applications timings: May applicants post here.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aprilhsmp

EC Applications timings: May applicants post here.

Post by aprilhsmp » Fri May 18, 2007 9:04 am

Now that EC is taking longer than HSMP, lets have this thread to track progress of our EC applications. All those who have applied for EC in may please update your timelines here.

This will help us to know how long we should wait and also what all is getting done in the new process of EC.

The applications can be tracked at
http://www.vfs-uk.co.in/trackyourpassport.aspx

I am posting my timelines
14th May: Submitted EC at bangalore VFS
14th May: Application received at UK Visa Application Centre on 14-May-2007
16th May: Application has been forwarded to the British High Commission.

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Fri May 18, 2007 9:28 am

hi aprilhsmp

good to see this thread. After looking at ure posting i could make out that u have skipped the integrascreen verification.
Coz from my knowledge and with other posting in the forum..one has to go through integra and after integra submitts the verification to vfs then application is forwarded to BHC and generally it takes 2 weeks time.
And in your case it was surprisingly very fast.
All the very best to you.
Keep updating

aj_sp_007
________
Website Host
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Fri May 18, 2007 10:27 am

i wish if i could skip integrascreen and get my EC faster

i had filled the integrascreen form along with EC form. It was given by VFS people only and one person in that office had checked it. May be they do not show any seperate integrascreen state now. :?

other may applicants please share your experience.

rajeshvelu
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshvelu » Fri May 18, 2007 10:54 am

hai,

For HSMP holders..here in after there is no seperate Integra verification
below is the response i got from inegra

Thank you for your email.

For EC, you do not need to apply for the IntegraScreen Verification Program. You need to submit your documents and fill the IntegraScreen form which will be given to you at VFS.

Hope this answers all your questions.

Warm Regards,
Fasttrack Customer Service

rajeshvelu
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshvelu » Fri May 18, 2007 10:56 am

hai Aprilhsmp,

i am going to apply this month for EC..i have 1.5 L in my account and got 2 Lakhs from my friend account..total 3.5 L...is this ok.or dowe need to show any source of income for 2 L which i got it from my friend..

please tell me ur exp

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Fri May 18, 2007 11:15 am

rajesh,

I donot know the answer. Are you applying alone or with family? do you have any job offer? if you are applying alone/have a job offer then u might not need to show much money.

the source of money they will know by looking at your bank statement.

rajeshvelu
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshvelu » Fri May 18, 2007 11:18 am

i am applying alone and dont have job offer..can u tell me the approximate amt?

i am in to IT -testing
Last edited by rajeshvelu on Fri May 18, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Fri May 18, 2007 11:18 am

rajeshvelu wrote:hai,

For HSMP holders..here in after there is no seperate Integra verification
below is the response i got from inegra

Thank you for your email.

For EC, you do not need to apply for the IntegraScreen Verification Program. You need to submit your documents and fill the IntegraScreen form which will be given to you at VFS.

Hope this answers all your questions.

Warm Regards,
Fasttrack Customer Service
The EC timelines have increased to around 18 working days. This is because they will be doing integrascreen.

Now the question here is how to track this integrascreen status which they are doing? The status is going to be "docs sent to BHC" or something which will indicate they are doing integrascreen.

hsmp73

Post by hsmp73 » Fri May 18, 2007 11:29 am

hi,

EC application submitted at Hyd - 4th May
Forwarded to BHC - 8th May

Not called for medical yet.

regards

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Sun May 20, 2007 3:02 pm

Hi everybody,

I am also preparing for the EC and making the doc's very carefully. I will share whatever I know......

what aprilhsmp has written is absolutely right, we have to fill the integrascreen form along with EC form. It will be given by VFS people only and they will check it and put it alongwith ur main EC File.

Now the integra is really done or not is really mysterious since we cannot trace that and also has rajesh velu has got reply from Integra , they might be not checking it.....but again the question is if this is just an formality done by VFS then why they charge the visa fee so heavily which everybody in this forum says, it includes the fees for integra evaluation too.......really a suspense..............

Dear Rajesh: answering to ur question, when they go through the bank statement they might easily go through this big transaction of 2 lac and see that source is some individual...so they will easily understand that u have taken money from somebody for this purpose only......hence either u should show that as ur earning or u should transfer the money in breaks and in small amounts.

and as far as i understand, they will surely expect somewhere around 4 to 5 lac in ur bank balance.
----------------------------------------
Dear aprilhsmp and hsmp 73, can u share following things abt ur EC file..

Q) Covering letter of ur EC file. You can send it to my personal id too mohanmudaliar@hotmail.com

Q) What proof u showed for ur accomodation in uk and for how many days?

Q) Whether PCC - Police Clearance Certificate should be submitted or required now.

Q) what was the visa fees ?........I hope it was same at bangalore and hydrabad.

thanks
mohan

Mohan

hsmp73

Post by hsmp73 » Sun May 20, 2007 3:13 pm

hi,

I had shown 15 days hotel booking from booking.com. Regarding police clearance VFS people didn't mention about this when I asked for documents to be submitted. the fees is 18000 standard everywhere in India I suppose.

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Tue May 22, 2007 6:22 am

hsmp73,

did you hear anything from VFS/BHC? Any idea how do they ask for medical test and is xray part of medical test?

hsmp73

Post by hsmp73 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:58 am

hi aprilhsmp,

I called VFS this morning and they asked me to call back on Friday. I asked them about medical and she said medical is not mandatory for all and will be decided by the officer. I am not sure what is happening in my case becoz if they haven't called for medical after 10 working days, it might mean that my is going in negative direction :cry: .. I am not sure whether anyone who applied EC around 4th may had any call for medical ?

rb7575
Newly Registered

Post by rb7575 » Tue May 22, 2007 10:12 am

hsmp73 wrote:hi aprilhsmp,

I called VFS this morning and they asked me to call back on Friday. I asked them about medical and she said medical is not mandatory for all and will be decided by the officer. I am not sure what is happening in my case becoz if they haven't called for medical after 10 working days, it might mean that my is going in negative direction :cry: .. I am not sure whether anyone who applied EC around 4th may had any call for medical ?

Hi
Did u get a call from integra an if yes what questions did they ask your employer ?

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Tue May 22, 2007 11:24 am

hsmp73,

today i called them and they told my passport is under verification. i think urs has atleast crossed this stage is on some next stage.

not all people are called for medical so don't worry and wait till friday.

best of luck.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Thu May 24, 2007 2:25 am

ya aprilhsmp is very right.........not all people will be called for medical test.

if u have not received medical that does not mean that u will have -ve decision. so be patient and i am sure u will getting the stamping.

mohan

yeh can someone help me with the EC covering letter and accomodation letter format.
thanks

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Thu May 24, 2007 10:55 am

one timeline i noted from another thread in this forum

EC applied from bangalore: 20th april
approved: 24th May

vikasag
Newly Registered

Post by vikasag » Fri May 25, 2007 4:50 am

I have a family of 2+2. Both kids are less than 3 years old.

Could someone please advise if I should apply for entry clearance of my family along with my entry clearance? Or, I can apply for myself first and once I get my approval I apply for my family?

Is it necessary to show the Salary Account bank statement ? I'm asking because I don't keep my savings in the salary account. Can I just show my other bank account statement where I keep most of my savings?

One more problem is that I have taken few loans for which monthly installment is dedcuted from my salary account. Will the EC officer take it negatively?

Thanks,
Vikas

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Fri May 25, 2007 5:58 am

Hi vikas,

regarding application with and without family is really a critical situation to deal with, since I have seen reason for rejection has " Since u have not applied the EC for ur wife and seeing other records, we think that u dont intent to make UK has ur main home" and hence the refusal. for that reason...........i see that its always better to apply with family and try and prove that I am trying to make UK has my main home.

but again since u have to apply with family then u have to show good savings to take care of ur family.......very triky this things are....i am just sharing what ever i learnt and hence i will suggest wait and see whether some of our experience friends share their view.

u can show the other bank account.......that should not be a problem.

deduction of loan also should not be considered negative but u should have good savings even after deduction of loan....take care of that.

best of luck for ur prepartion

from which city ur applying ?
mohan

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Fri May 25, 2007 6:52 am

what mohan is saying is correct. it is safer to apply with family. After getting EC, for travel you can later choose flexible dates.

showing other bank a/c is fine as long as it is in your name. if you think amount is not enough try to show some property if you have or get sponsership letter from your parents if they have some saving. If you have got any job offer then showing lesser balance is also fine.

vikasag
Newly Registered

Post by vikasag » Fri May 25, 2007 7:33 am

Hi Mohan and aprilhsmp,

Thank you both for your replies. I was thinking about applying for my whole family together. But then I had a fear in my mind that visa fee is so high that they charge Rs. 18000 per peson. So, if I apply for all 4 then I have to pay Rs. 72000 which is a big amount. In case my EC is rejected then I will lose this amount as you have to pay the fee once again if you want to reapply.

But ok, as you said that you've seen EC's rejected on the basis that someone has not applied for family, I will apply for the whole family.

But then I don't want to take chance.

I'm paying EMI's worth Rs 35000/- per month
I can show available funds to the tune of Rs. 3,50,000/- in my bank account + Rs. 3,00,000/- in my PF account.

Will this be sufficient to get the EC for my family?

Thanks,
Vikas

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Fri May 25, 2007 6:44 pm

debz wrote:Yippie.. I got my the HSMP visa today..

Thanks to all of you (though I have hardly got any reply to my queries) :wink:

Applied for EC on: 27th April (Bangalore,VFS)
Received by BHC on: 30th April (Chennai)
Visa stamped on: 23rd May

They have not asked me for Medical test or Interview.
another timeline.

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:44 am

Can anybody help me to understand whether we need to submit the CA Evaluation or Asset Report while applying for EC ?

MOHAN

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Mon May 28, 2007 9:32 am

Hi Mohan,

Its not mandatory to submit CA evaluation. You can get it done for your peace of mind.

My Question-Do we have to submit single page Integra form or the one which is of 5 pages(BHCApplicationFormNon-Settelment.pdf)

Both of them are available at http://ukvisas.integrascreen.com/DVPBHC ... acker.aspx

My gut feeling is it should be the single page one, but if someone can confirm will help me.

umang

mohan76

Post by mohan76 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:56 am

Hi umang,
thanks for ur mail and confirming that CA report is not required. Even few other friends in other loop has confirmed the same....so that's a good learning.

regarding ur question related to Integra form...........yes its an one page form and if I am not wrong, this will be given by VFS when u plan to submit ur EC file. Hence don't worry abt it.

best regards
mohan