ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents translation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lightbringer

documents translation

Post by lightbringer » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:11 am

Hi guys,
I am just going to apply for HSMP from Russia. What do you think, should I submit all the documents I have to the translation agencies or maybe it is acceptable to do translation for secondary evidences like banking statements and tenancy agreements myself. Has anyone got a positive experience of submitting self-translated papers to Home Office?

Thanks in Advice
Alex

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:29 am

Well you can translate it yourself but alteast you have to notarized it with authorities for sure.
Regards,
Afzal

lightbringer

Post by lightbringer » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:59 am

Thanks,
Seems that it is no easy matter to notary self-translated papers. No notary will do that. For the most part they work together with translation agencies, so they only trust the translations made by their personnel. At least this is so in Russia :) So I had no choice but to pay to them both.

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:30 pm

I had to translate my documents from Thai to English for my HSMP application.

What I did was get a registered translator to do the translation, and then went down to the British Embassy in Bangkok and got them to certify/notarise the translation.

I am not sure how it works in Russia (you should ring the embassy and ask), but in Thailand the British Embassy has a list of "approved" translators they recommend, and will accept translations from them. In my experience, once you give them the translation from approved company, they will happily provide a "British Embassy" seal/watermark on all translated documents (for a small fee of course). The homeoffice seemed happy with my documentation when done this way

Russsian
Newly Registered

Kiev

Post by Russsian » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:51 pm

Hi

We had the situation a bit different from HSMP.
We did make all the translation work ourselves and gave notary money for certifiying the papers and some quite a symbolic amount of money to her translator just to check our translation and approve it.......

so

it is up to you....try :)

lightbringer

which notary did you apply?

Post by lightbringer » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:42 am

From which city in Russia did you apply? If from Moscow, then could you please give me the reference to the notary you worked with.
And what do you think, is it mandatory to notarise all translations from originals, or just a seal from translation agency will be enough?