ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office sent papers with wrong name on

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PewPew
Newly Registered

Home office sent papers with wrong name on

Post by PewPew » Fri May 18, 2007 12:07 pm

Hi

My wife got her Br-1 form back today with a worker card. Problem is they have given her the permit in her maiden name and not her married name. Will this cause problems further down the line ?

Ive tried calling the home office information line but they didnt know much about bulgarian and romanian applications and advised me to return the permit with a letter.

I really dont know what to do. At the end of the day my wife wants to use her married name and doesnt want payslips and national insurance things in her maiden name.

Anyone got any advice.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri May 18, 2007 12:20 pm

I wouldn't return the permit if she wants to get working, You don't know how long it will take the HO to sort it out.
I would just make sure that her payslips and NIN show her maiden name and married name on it.
And when it its time for renewal to emphasize issue the permit in her married name.
What's wrong with using her maiden and married name together??

PewPew
Newly Registered

Post by PewPew » Fri May 18, 2007 1:52 pm

my wife wants to be know by her married name and that only we have already used it to open a bank account register with doctor etc. When i go to the job center to get her national insurance number will they allow it to be in a name different from her permit ??

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri May 18, 2007 1:57 pm

If you show documents with her maiden name and marriage certificate, I dont see why not
But if its that important to you
Send it back to the HO to correct it.

PewPew
Newly Registered

Post by PewPew » Fri May 18, 2007 10:50 pm

does anyone know if its possible to contact the romanian and bulgarian department directly to ask about this