ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OVERSTAYER TO APPLY FOR SPOUSE VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yesenia
Newly Registered

OVERSTAYER TO APPLY FOR SPOUSE VISA

Post by yesenia » Fri May 18, 2007 12:31 pm

I am an overstayer and I am planning to travel back and apply for a spouse visa. Will a 1 bedroom flat ( 1 diining room, 1 room, Spam, bathroom) be sufficient to satisfy the ECO that we are not overcrowded? as I also have a baby 1 year 6 months and obviously my husband sponsor.

is it good idea to ask the landlord to include my name on the tenancy agreement?
and is it relevant to ask him for a letter stating the number of years that we have been with hin residing different places.

Please could you also explain please what is expected to write on VAF2 form under section other family members. it does state to list other member of your family.
is it everybody in the family( uncle, grandmother etc)?
also when about the country of residence. is it the place where the are from or where they are currently living?.

Kin regards

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri May 18, 2007 12:58 pm

is it relevant to ask him for a letter
Not necessariliy, If the tenancy agreement is in your husbands name then you should be ok. But if you have any utility bills such as council tax, electricity, Gas etc.. in both of your names then that would be a good supporting evidence.

Is the 1 bed flat exclusively occupied by your and husband with a child then you are ok. If its occupied by another adult then certainly its overcrowded.
what is expected to write on VAF2 form under section other family members. it does state to list other member of your family.
is it everybody in the family( uncle, grandmother etc)?
also when about the country of residence. is it the place where the are from or where they are currently living?.
In the same topic of other Family in the bracket it does mention Brother, sister or parents and not uncles.. so i think its inappropriate to mention your uncles and aunts, It would be good if you just mention your immediate family and it does say country of there residence in the form so where ever they live you have to mention there place of residence.

Good luck.

yesenia
Newly Registered

Post by yesenia » Fri May 18, 2007 2:24 pm

eliasuk4u many thanks for your prompt response.

This 1 bedroom flat is all inclusive as the contract states. Therefore, we only have correspondence sent to us such us: bank statements, medical documents, college docs, etc. will they require me to be paying utility bills?

In the same topic of other Family in the bracket it does mention Brother, sister or parents and not uncles.. so i think its inappropriate to mention your uncles and aunts, It would be good if you just mention your immediate family and it does say country of there residence in the form so where ever they live you have to mention there place of residence.

Thanks for the above it is clear. One more question about this. will it be an inconvenience for my application if had a member of my family residing in UK and is an overstayer will they ask me for their status?

thanks again

yesenia
Newly Registered

Post by yesenia » Fri May 18, 2007 4:08 pm

eliasuk4u many thanks for your prompt response.

This 1 bedroom flat is all inclusive as the contract states. Therefore, we only have correspondence sent to us such us: bank statements, medical documents, college docs, etc. will they require me to be paying utility bills? suk4u many thanks for your prompt response.

[quote]In the same topic of other Family in the bracket it does mention Brother, sister or parents and not uncles.. so i think its inappropriate to mention your uncles and aunts, It would be good if you just mention your immediate family and it does say country of there residence in the form so where ever they live you have to mention there place of residence?

Thanks for the above it is clear. One more question about this. will it be an inconvenience for my application if had a member of my family residing in UK and is an overstayer will they ask me for their status?

thanks again

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri May 18, 2007 5:25 pm

Avoid repeat postings.

ECO does not expect you to pay the bills but if you both have utility bills at the same address then it proves that the marriage is geniune you did lived together for the duration of time stated by you .
The tenancy agreement proves that your husband is the sole occupant of the property and that he lives with you exclusively.
will it be an inconvenience for my application if had a member of my family residing in UK and is an overstayer will they ask me for their status?
If I was you then I won't mention. Why jeopradise my application. Eco may raise this issue when he/she interviews you in British High commission even though it does not directly effect you. May be some other member may give you better idea on this issue than me.

AksanaT
Newly Registered

Post by AksanaT » Fri May 18, 2007 8:25 pm

yesenia wrote: One more question about this. will it be an inconvenience for my application if had a member of my family residing in UK and is an overstayer will they ask me for their status?

thanks again
Exactly this - about your member of family who is illigal in UK they will wish to know and find out it even if it sounds stupidly now. Trust me. So tell everything. It will be better for your application.
Good luck to you.