ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT -> ILR or Tier 2 General the only option?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NeelP
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT -> ILR or Tier 2 General the only option?

Post by NeelP » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Hello members,

I traveled to UK on T2 ICT on 21 May 2010 and have been here ever since. My VISA start date was 8th April 2010.

From what I understand from the rules, I cannot extend my stay beyond 5 years on current rules in place. My question is:

1) Am I eligible for ILR under the present rules? (From the rules this doesn't look possible as entry was after 6 April 2010)
2) If not, can I switch to T2 General from within the country? If yes, Can I continue with my current employer in a different role or do I need to find a new employer (and new COS)?

I am not sure this is relevant, But I had my first UK VISA stamped in Dec 2009 but did not travel as the position did not materialize.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT -> ILR or Tier 2 General the only option?

Post by manci » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:07 pm

NeelP wrote:Hello members,

I traveled to UK on T2 ICT on 21 May 2010 and have been here ever since. My VISA start date was 8th April 2010.

From what I understand from the rules, I cannot extend my stay beyond 5 years on current rules in place
this is not correct, there is no 5 year cap in your case and you can extend your T2 ICT leave as many times as you wish provided your sponsor wants to continue employing you

. My question is:

1) Am I eligible for ILR under the present rules? (From the rules this doesn't look possible as entry was after 6 April 2010)
as a T2 ICT migrant you are not eligible for ILR on the 5 year route but you would be eligible under the long residence rules if you stayed in the UK for 10 years

2) If not, can I switch to T2 General from within the country?

If yes, Can I continue with my current employer in a different role or do I need to find a new employer (and new COS)?
yes, you can switch but only if you change sponsor

I am not sure this is relevant, But I had my first UK VISA stamped in Dec 2009 but did not travel as the position did not materialize.

NeelP
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT -> ILR or Tier 2 General the only option?

Post by NeelP » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi Manci,

Thank you so much for taking time to reply to my queries. Based on your reply in another thread, I have just one more query.

My COS start date is 22 March 2010. I am sure my employer paid the visa fees around 1st or 2nd April 2010. My VISA page mentions below:

"VISA TIER 2(INT COM TRAN) MIGRANT (COS #)"

Does this mean I was granted the leave to enter based on rules in place before 6-Apr-2010 and would be eligible for ILR in 2015?

Once again, I appreciate the help immensely.