ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Expiration - Just One Month left with travel plans

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prisat
Member of Standing

Passport Expiration - Just One Month left with travel plans

Post by prisat » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:38 pm

I agree, i have been a stupid.

I am a Indian Passport Holder. Passport expiring in mid of march 2014 (Visa expiring 2015, so no issues with this) and I have travel plans in 4th week of Feb 2014. But will return in 8 days (before passport expiration).

Is it fine at the immigration counters (port of entry / exit)
- At UK Airport while flying out of UK ?
AND
- At Indian Airport - While flying out of India ?

Please advise on this. Any reply on this would be greatly appreciated.
I don't want to have issues at the UK airport (while flying out of UK) or at Indian Airport (while flying out of India) after my holidays.

2. Can i renew my passport in India ? (rather than in UK)
Indian Tatkal scheme says 1 to 3 working days for Passport Renewal for expiration. But their documentation procedure is rubbish as they ask for attestation from (Annexure F and Annexure I). Will try to avoid this. But if possible, why not try there.

Please kindly advise guys.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Passport Expiration - Just One Month left with travel pl

Post by prisat » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Mods & Others,

Can any one please on this ?

Also i did check http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/ ... e-u-s.html... I look good for travel.

thanks
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:18 am

you shouldn't have any issue with immigrations (both UK and India) as long as you produce a valid passport and visa. some airlines may require validity of the passport upto a certain period beyond travel. if you arlines don't have any such issue, then good to travel.

it's your choice to renew passport in india if you have time in your disposal.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:18 am

..delete..(duplicate)