ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ENQUIRY

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

olab442
Newly Registered

URGENT ENQUIRY

Post by olab442 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Hello All,I am currently on tier4 visa which expires in 2016 with my wife and son as my dependant.we just had another baby about two months ago and we want to apply for his dependant visa.I read on the UKBA website that if one had a baby while on student visa and want to apply for the child that one just needs to submit the child birth cerficate and passport after paying the appropriate application fees.My question is will only that be ok or will i need to submit bank statement showing maintenace money and if yes, will it be for only the new born or for all of us i.e Me and 3 dependatnts.Thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: URGENT ENQUIRY

Post by Zee ali » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:40 pm

olab442 wrote:Hello All,I am currently on tier4 visa which expires in 2016 with my wife and son as my dependant.we just had another baby about two months ago and we want to apply for his dependant visa.I read on the UKBA website that if one had a baby while on student visa and want to apply for the child that one just needs to submit the child birth cerficate and passport after paying the appropriate application fees.My question is will only that be ok or will i need to submit bank statement showing maintenace money and if yes, will it be for only the new born or for all of us i.e Me and 3 dependatnts.Thanks
Hi olab442,

Just want to share my personal experience.
1. If u r not looking to travel outside uk than there is no need to apply your child visa. Save some money.
2. If u want to travel abroad with your newborn child than your newborn need a visa.
I showed maintenance of all of us including the dependents who already have their visas including my maintenance. So better (for safe side) show everybody maintenance for 2 months held in a bank account for 28 days.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

olab442
Newly Registered

Post by olab442 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:05 am

Hello All,Still waiting for answers from the GURUS.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:14 pm

our child born in 2012 never applied for any visa we were on psw at that time .in 2014 we apply for their citizenship as we got ilr.unless you are travelling no need to apply for visa

olab442 wrote:Hello All,Still waiting for answers from the GURUS.
ss

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:57 pm

[quote="SSWSZ"]our child born in 2012 never applied for any visa we were on psw at that time .in 2014 we apply for their citizenship as we got ilr.unless you are travelling no need to apply for visa

@SSWZ This gentleman only needs advice from GURUS.
We both shared our personal experiences but this guy is not interested.
Leave him alone.

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided