ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please read if illegal,dangerous country,no BHC in country

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarah s
Newly Registered

please read if illegal,dangerous country,no BHC in country

Post by sarah s » Fri May 18, 2007 6:47 pm

There have been several landmark cases this year with regards to people who come from dangerous countries and can prove article 8 is engaged in the UK. My advice would be to take the caselaw to a solicitor with your evidence and ask if they can help your case,
This includes people who :

have overstayed
do not fit into the immigration rules
have no visa post in there country
there country is unsafe to return to ie, Iraq and Afghanistan

The burden of proof is upon YOU, so make sure all your documents are together and there is enough evidence which can be found on NGO websites and through the United Nations reports that clearly state there is a problem.

Caselaw:

SM and others(entry clearance proportionality) Afghanistan 2007

Huang v's Home secretary, Kashmiri v's Home secretary March 2007

Print off's of these determinations can be found on www.bailii.org

I generally see people on here who have overstayed and are unsure what to do, Hamed seems to be one and I hope this is of some use to all the people who love their loved ones and seem in a difficult situation.

If anybody needs help please feel free to PM me, my area of speciality is Afghanistan.

Sarah