ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement checking service refused to assist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

csakhan
Newly Registered

Settlement checking service refused to assist

Post by csakhan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi,

I would really appreciate if someone could guide me on a rather confusing scenario.

I got my ILR in Aug 2012 and since then I have become a British citizen. I was on Tier 1 (G) visa prior to my ILR. My wife was given PBS dependent visa in April 2011 for 3 years (till Apr 2014). She made her application from within the UK.

I thought that I could use the settlement checking service for my wife's ILR application using form SET(M) given that she has completed her qualifying residential period of 2 years but to my surprise, I was advised by the council that they can only provide service for the applicants who were last given leave on FLR(M) form and that my wife can apply directly on her own for the ILR application.

Can someone please guide if that is true i.e. I can use SET(M) for her ILR application? She has got the Life in UK and required English qualification

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settlement checking service refused to assist

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:13 pm

As she is a PBS dependent, she needs to use Set(O) for her ILR application and can apply by post or in person at PEO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

csakhan
Newly Registered

Post by csakhan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Many Thanks CR001 ..

Can you please tell me the list of required documents with her SET(O) application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:42 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

csakhan
Newly Registered

Post by csakhan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Many thanks for your response

I have 2 final questions

1) I am planning to make an appointment at PEO Croydon for my wife's SET(O) ILR application. Would I be allowed to attend the appointment with my wife for any clarifications etc or will it be just my wife allowed in the PEO.

2) On page 9 of the SET (O) form in section 3 (Which Category?) I chose "Other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms" Is this the right categor?

Please can the senior/experienced members respond to these questions as I need to make an appointment asap.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:37 pm

1. Yes, you attend with her and won't have any problem but you only make an appointment for 1 person,

2. I am not too sure, I think it is but you could check with PEO on the day and tick the relevant box unless a moderator could confirm.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:40 pm

On set(o) one of the categories is PBS dep.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

csakhan
Newly Registered

Post by csakhan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks fro the reply

that's what I thought that category is pbs dependant but I got confused when I looked at this thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 18670.html

please confirm which one is the correct category

csakhan
Newly Registered

Post by csakhan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Thanks fro the reply

that's what I thought that category is pbs dependant but I got confused when I looked at this thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 18670.html (scroll to the bottom for sushdmehta's response)

please confirm which one is the correct category

csakhan
Newly Registered

Post by csakhan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:03 am

Hi,

can anyone plz confirm which category.
a response will be appreciated

csakhan
Newly Registered

Post by csakhan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

I am attending an appointment shortly would very much appreciate if someone can please confirm the correct category.
#Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Amber_ is correct.

At the time of sushdmehta's response, the SET(O) form hadn't been updated to include "PBS dependant", so the category then was correctly "other".
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.