ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application - passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Brunel
Newly Registered

EEA2 application - passport

Post by Brunel » Sat May 19, 2007 2:52 pm

I am Brazilian. I married to an Italian citizen on the 04/04/2007, currenly on a student visa which expires on Feb/2008.

We posted the joint EEA1, EEA2 applications on the 11/04, and received the acknowledgement letter 2 weeks after.
But due to a important journey which I have to my home country, I sent only a certified copy of my passport (and her original passport). I bought the air ticket, I will be off the UK between 24/06 and 11/07.

Today (19/05) I received a letter from the homeoffice requesting my passport, and stating "We believe it would be reasonable to receive the documents withing 21 days."

What should I do? Should I call them, explain the situation and ask for an extended submission deadline?

Thanks

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Sat May 19, 2007 6:02 pm

Brunel,
As you posted both EEA1 and 2 together, and your trip is planned for 24/06, just send the passport to them as soon as possible. If you post now they will send the residence card to you. Send it now, as it will make it easier to come to the UK after the trip to Brazil.

When posting together, they decide faster. There are lots of examples where home office requested more documents and as soon as the people sent they post the decision of the application.

Brunel
Newly Registered

Post by Brunel » Sat May 19, 2007 8:02 pm

Dear Glauco,

Do you think they will send me the passport before 24/06?? What happens if they don't?

Thanks

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Sat May 19, 2007 8:46 pm

Brunel,
I am quite sure they will send your passport back after a few days.
If you don't get your passport back, then you can call the Home Office and request it back at any time. They take normally 10 working days to send. So let's say, you send your passport to them and if you don't get anything then you request it back around the 10th of June.

By the way, if you don't send your passport now, how will you enter the UK without your residence card?

Brunel
Newly Registered

Post by Brunel » Sat May 19, 2007 8:52 pm

I've got a valid student visa until Feb/2008