ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding life in the UK test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sqaush
Newly Registered

Question regarding life in the UK test

Post by sqaush » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:25 pm

My husband passed his life in the UK test around 2008 when he made a previous application for ILR. He will shortly be applying again and I was wondering if his certificate is still valid? There does not appear to be an expiry date on it but I know the test has changed since then.

Also, does anyone know how I can directly contact the UKBA on this issue, preferably by email so I have their answer in writing? I cannot find any contact information anywhere on their website.

Many thanks.

RITZUK
Newly Registered

Re: Question regarding life in the UK test

Post by RITZUK » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:24 pm

HI,

You can reach them at : settlementopspolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
They would internally divert it to relevant team who should then get back to you.

However as far as I know there is no expiry date and 2008 certificate should serve the purpose.

regards

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Question regarding life in the UK test

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:08 pm

I called the number on life in uk test we site and ask the same question .they confirm that life in uk is valid for indefinite .

sqaush wrote:My husband passed his life in the UK test around 2008 when he made a previous application for ILR. He will shortly be applying again and I was wondering if his certificate is still valid? There does not appear to be an expiry date on it but I know the test has changed since then.

Also, does anyone know how I can directly contact the UKBA on this issue, preferably by email so I have their answer in writing? I cannot find any contact information anywhere on their website.

Many thanks.
ss