ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

creative79
Newly Registered

Business Visa

Post by creative79 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:26 pm

I would be grateful if someone could answer the following two questions for me.

1. If I have a choice of either getting a long-term Business Visitor Visa or long-term general visitor visa, which one should I go for and which one is ore useful to have, overall?

2. Could one travel to UK to meet friends or attend weddings etc on a Business Visitor Visa, or s/he must apply for a General Visitor Visa for all non-business related visits? Is it at least legally acceptable for someone to make use of the Business Visitor Visa for general visit purposes?

Thanks very much

Seneca

Re: Business Visa

Post by Seneca » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Business visit visa will allow you to do more than general visitor visa. Of course while in UK doing what you visa specified you can also attend weddings and meets friends.

creative79
Newly Registered

Post by creative79 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Thanks very much. I am only wondering if they asked me at the immigration about the purpose of my visit, I will have a valid business meeting to quote this time around. However, later if I travel to the UK again let's say to attend a wedding on the same long term business visa, what reason would I be supposed to mention at the immigration? Can they not say that attending a wedding isn't really a business visit and that I should apply for a fresh general visit visa for that purpose.

I too would like to prefer the business visa, but I will be ever so grateful if you could clarify the above confusion for me.

Thanks

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:12 pm

creative79 wrote:However, later if I travel to the UK again let's say to attend a wedding on the same long term business visa, what reason would I be supposed to mention at the immigration? Can they not say that attending a wedding isn't really a business visit and that I should apply for a fresh general visit visa for that purpose.Thanks
Can't you combine the two and arrange your affairs so that while here on business capacity also attend wedding.

ilrquest
Newly Registered

Re: Business visitor Visa

Post by ilrquest » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:40 am

Dear All,

Just a quick question, my cousin is an Australian national and wants to visit the UK on Business. He will be filming in the UK as part of his visit. Do Australian nationals require a visa to visit the UK for filming?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.