ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone got ILR with Print outs from PBS Calculator - KOL?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sachin01663

Anyone got ILR with Print outs from PBS Calculator - KOL?

Post by sachin01663 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Hello,

I understand that the main applicant can show the print-out of the online PBS calculator awarding you 10 points for English Requirements but I wanted to check if anyone has done the same for dependent as well?

Me and my wife (dependent) are applying for ILR and considering to take the print-outs with the original degree certificates. Earlier, we thought of taking test but there is no use if you can show your degrees in PBS calculator.

Has anyone got ILR with print-outs from PBS calculator??

Thanks
Sachin

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Anyone got ILR with Print outs from PBS Calculator - KOL

Post by Jedi001 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Jedi001

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:17 pm

Jedi001

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:20 am

Thanks. But all the links that you have provided are giving wrong information.

Nothing is required from NARIC if your degree awards you 10 points for English on UKBA calculator.

Check this:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 49-20.html

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:56 am

sachin01663 wrote:Thanks. But all the links that you have provided are giving wrong information.

Nothing is required from NARIC if your degree awards you 10 points for English on UKBA calculator.

Check this:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 49-20.html
Why don't you get a letter from NARIC costing nearly £60? What if they refuse your wife's visa on this objection? Always play safe.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:49 pm

I agree with Smartkhan that you should get a NARIC letter if you are worried, secondly I don't think you have read the thread I provided properly. If you open the PDF which was sent to one of the guys who asked same question to UKBA (Link: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... ml#p946648), the answer was mentioned in question #6:

6. How do I show that my qualification is deemed by UK NARIC to be the recognised standard?
UK NARIC regularly update the online points based calculator (which is on our website) with information about various degrees. If you obtained a degree overseas and were awarded ten points for English language skill, you can submit evidence from the online points calculator, together with the original degree certificate, to demonstrate that you can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement.
Alternatively, you can obtain confirmation from UK NARIC that your qualification was taught or researched in English by requesting an English Language Assessment (ELA). Details of how to contact UK NARIC can be found at: http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/Contact%20Us.aspx

secondly am also in the same boat as you are mate and will be applying on 17th Feb i.e. next week Monday!! So you can wait for the result I post and see what the outcome is. Lastly I am not submitting a NARIC letter as I don't think it is even required when PBS Calc is recognizing the degree and awarding points for English.

Kind Regards
Jedi001

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:30 pm

Regarding, not getting letter from NARIC, there are many reasons, time being one of them.

My questions is if 'Dependents' can use the same PBS Calculator or not. I know, what you have highlighted in pink is true for the main applicant but I wasn't sure if its same for the dependent or not. At many places on UKBA website it says that PBS caculator should be used by main apllicants only.

But thanks for all the replies. The link that I have provided has an email from UKBA clearly stating that even dependents can submit the print out of the online calculator. So no NARIC required.

PS: I have PEO appointment on 7th March. Good luck for yours.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:49 pm

And now I can confirm that no NARIC letter was required at least for my application :-)

Regards
Jedi001

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:54 am

Good Stuff!!

ILR_9_MAY
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_9_MAY » Wed May 07, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Jedi,

Can you let me know when you mention the PBS awarded 10 points , did it automatically show 10 points based on qulaification. As now when I check on PBS All I get is 4 options to claim 10 points a) degree taught in English b) preioviously proved ....
Your help is much appreciated.
I do have Degree recognized on PBS, I have original certificate stating English as medium for the course, I have original UKBA approval letter for Tier 1 application stating 10 points for English language.

Looking at various threads I was planning to go with PBS printout, Degree certificate, College letter stating English language as medium. Only question I have is now is, in PBS I am claiming 10 points based on option "Degree taught in English" than automatically being awarded.

Your response is much appreciated.

Chetan

induhere
Newly Registered

Post by induhere » Thu May 15, 2014 3:24 pm

@sachin01663

Is your ILR approved?