ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meghna
Newly Registered

Residence Requirements

Post by meghna » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:35 am

Hello there,

I got my ILR on Nov 2012 and I am going to apply for British Citizenship using the Form AN in March 2014. According to Guide AN and Booklet AN, we should not have been outside the UK for more than 450 days in the 5 year qualifying period and more than 90 days in the last 12 months.

Is there any rule stating that we should not have been out of the UK at a stretch for certain number of days in the 5 year qualifying period, because I was outside the UK for 280 days (about 9 months) at a stretch in the 5 year qualifying period but my total number of days outside the UK in the 5 year qualifying period is still less than 450 days and I have not been outside the UK in the last 12 months. Will I meet the Residence Requirements in this scenario.

Thanks in advance,
meghna

ban.s

Re: Residence Requirements

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 am

please continue in your previous post