ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Please help......MN1 Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spacer

Urgent: Please help......MN1 Registration

Post by spacer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi All

I have been stuck in the MNQ application of my 18 Months baby. I am unale to get reference of someone who interacts with the baby in a professional manner. My GP and Health Visitor has declined to countersign the form and she is not into school yet. I have got my friend who is an engineer to sign the form and he did that but what about the other referee? Can I ask my other friend who is also BC and an engineer? Is there any problem with that?

Does someone in the forum did the same? Or what did they do if they were in similar situation. I have an appointment for NCS on Friday and I realy need to get this sorted. Guys please help me...... :?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent: Please help......MN1 Registration

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:53 pm

plz dont panic she is just a baby not terrorist /ask your employer or professional friend to sign .its alright.i took the signature from neighbour didn't see any problem .For mn1 one should be professional other should b any one above age 25 who knows child .hope this clears
ss

spacer

Post by spacer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:17 pm

SSWSZ wrote:plz dont panic she is just a baby not terrorist /ask your employer or professional friend to sign .its alright.i took the signature from neighbour didn't see any problem .For mn1 one should be professional other should b any one above age 25 who knows child .hope this clears
Thanks for the reply. I have an engineer friend he had signed the form. Can I ask another friend, he is also an engineer. Can he sign the form?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:20 pm

Yes why not
ss

spacer

Post by spacer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:02 pm

SSWSZ wrote:Yes why not
Thanks for the confirmation. Is there anyone else who did the same thing for referee....? :)

vinavs
Newly Registered

Post by vinavs » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:43 am

I am in the same boat. Called NCS yesterday and they informed
that it should as stated in the MN1. They told atleast professional refree
refree for MN1 could be a doctor who is friend. But, as per forums still it
should still be stated in the additional information forum.

May be you could call and confirm with NCS if you are going through NCS

chiru09
Newly Registered

Post by chiru09 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi spacer,

I faced the same situation as yours. Homeoffice asks for references from GP, health visitor, minister of religion and solicitor. But none of them are interested to sign the form as if they are donating their entire property. Many of these are so scared to sign as referee for a baby who is few months old as well. Everyone as their own reasons and process saying "we dont sign anymore". Solicitor's surprisingly have a different reason saying that either parent should be known as client to them for the past 2years. As per their defination, client is someone who has taken their legal service in the past 2years. What should we do if we didnt take any legal service from a solicitor ? It is not obligation on the immigrant or a citizen to take their service . It is just when a necessity arrives. Crazy people with crazy rules !!!

Homeoffice has to understand this and change the forms accordingly. If they are not interested to sign how can we fulfill the requirements.

I saw experiences and posts from other folks who got the registration letter successfully even without references from the above said list, hence I took the risk as well and applied for my son too. NCS did say that they cant take the responsibility if it gets rejected but they asked to write an explanation in page 14 in detail why the references from above said list is not obtained. I did write an explaination and submitted it. Not sure what will happen but I am being positive on the outcome.

spacer

Post by spacer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:07 pm

chiru09 wrote:Hi spacer,

I faced the same situation as yours. Homeoffice asks for references from GP, health visitor, minister of religion and solicitor. But none of them are interested to sign the form as if they are donating their entire property. Many of these are so scared to sign as referee for a baby who is few months old as well. Everyone as their own reasons and process saying "we dont sign anymore". Solicitor's surprisingly have a different reason saying that either parent should be known as client to them for the past 2years. As per their defination, client is someone who has taken their legal service in the past 2years. What should we do if we didnt take any legal service from a solicitor ? It is not obligation on the immigrant or a citizen to take their service . It is just when a necessity arrives. Crazy people with crazy rules !!!

Homeoffice has to understand this and change the forms accordingly. If they are not interested to sign how can we fulfill the requirements.

I saw experiences and posts from other folks who got the registration letter successfully even without references from the above said list, hence I took the risk as well and applied for my son too. NCS did say that they cant take the responsibility if it gets rejected but they asked to write an explanation in page 14 in detail why the references from above said list is not obtained. I did write an explaination and submitted it. Not sure what will happen but I am being positive on the outcome.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I called NCS they said they cant advice. I emailed nationality service they sent me general post. Now sent an enquiry to further enquiry office and waiting for the reply. I have got reference done by my friends (engineers) and will see whether it will go ahead or cause any issues( I hope not). What about your case?

spacer

Post by spacer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:08 pm

vinavs wrote:I am in the same boat. Called NCS yesterday and they informed

Yes, I did gave them a call but they replied, they can't advice on this. You need to Call Immigration department".

licosis
Newly Registered

Post by licosis » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi Spacer

I had the same problem in 2012.
No one was interested in signing.
I've sent an email to HO and got reply after 3 weeks.
The professional referee should have a professional relationship with the child. So, your engineer friend's signature won't be accepted. He/she can only sign for your application (if you're applying) and also he/she should be chartered engineer.
My son has started nursery and finally I got signature from nursery manager and made the registration application 2 weeks ago.
I know this is a stupid situation but I wouldn't take any risk of loosing £673.
spacer wrote:
vinavs wrote:I am in the same boat. Called NCS yesterday and they informed

Yes, I did gave them a call but they replied, they can't advice on this. You need to Call Immigration department".