ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All Limited company directors applied for ILR at PEO? help!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fn286

All Limited company directors applied for ILR at PEO? help!

Post by fn286 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:15 am

Dear All,

I need urgent help and advice from those members who are applying or have applied for ILR in the past as limited company director.

I need to know what questions were asked by case worker on HMRC PAYE and corporation tax record? What if the earnings claimed at the time of tier 1 (general) extension in the form of dividends 2 years ago were different from corporation tax return for that year??? What if earnings and expenses are different on corporation tax return?

If the Tier 1 extension was granted as limited company director but applicant is no longer managing a limited company and applying for Indefinite leave (ILR) as a full time employee of another UK company, does anyone was asked for specific HMRC tax record (Corporation tax, self assessment, NI etc) during the time of Tier 1 extension???

I know caseworker should be interested in last 12 month's earning and related documents but I really need to know if anyone was questioned on his Tier 1 extension and asked for hmrc tax record etc? or faced problems during ILR application at PEO? Some people may have been granted Tier 1 extension as limited company director but they would've changed their occupation.

Please I need urgent advice.

Thanks.

fn286

Re: All Limited company directors applied for ILR at PEO? he

Post by fn286 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:22 pm

Please can anyone give advice or share experience?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Why are you worried? Have you got something to worry about?

UKBA can check with HMRC and will if they smell a rat so make sure you are squeaky clean and all will be fine.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:21 am

fn286 wrote:Dear All,

I need urgent help and advice from those members who are applying or have applied for ILR in the past as limited company director.

I need to know what questions were asked by case worker on HMRC PAYE and corporation tax record? What if the earnings claimed at the time of tier 1 (general) extension in the form of dividends 2 years ago were different from corporation tax return for that year??? What if earnings and expenses are different on corporation tax return?

If the Tier 1 extension was granted as limited company director but applicant is no longer managing a limited company and applying for Indefinite leave (ILR) as a full time employee of another UK company, does anyone was asked for specific HMRC tax record (Corporation tax, self assessment, NI etc) during the time of Tier 1 extension???

I know caseworker should be interested in last 12 month's earning and related documents but I really need to know if anyone was questioned on his Tier 1 extension and asked for hmrc tax record etc? or faced problems during ILR application at PEO? Some people may have been granted Tier 1 extension as limited company director but they would've changed their occupation.

Please I need urgent advice.

Thanks.

If you have original tax documents, bank statements, SATR and Pay slips then normally there won't be any "specific questions". If you do not take the relevant set of documents in the chronological order since last extension - then there will be "questions". Those questions are not predictable.
Re: Directorship change to employee, that info is in the public domain, so CWs are trained to find that themselves.
Re: Earning and expenses different in corporation tax return - that scenario does not arise, unless you manipulate the same.