ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa Help!!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naresh27
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Visa Help!!!!

Post by naresh27 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Hi All,

Can some one please help me out my situation.

I and my wife currently live in UK and wish to invite my mother in-law to visit us (as my wife is pregnant) from India for 3 months. Can you please guide me where i can find online application form VAF1b as i was told paper application forms are not valid. Also Can you please tell us what documents are required from both ends for applying.

Currently I (holding ILR) am working in UK and my wife is a House wife. Do we need to maintain funds for this application? If so how much and how many months?

If you need anymore details please kindly let me know and i will give more information.

Regards

ban.s

Re: Family Visitor Visa Help!!!!

Post by ban.s » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:41 am

naresh27 wrote:Hi All,

I and my wife currently live in UK and wish to invite my mother in-law to visit us (as my wife is pregnant) from India for 3 months. Can you please guide me where i can find online application form VAF1b as i was told paper application forms are not valid. Also Can you please tell us what documents are required from both ends for applying.

Currently I (holding ILR) am working in UK and my wife is a House wife. Do we need to maintain funds for this application? If so how much and how many months?

If you need anymore details please kindly let me know and i will give more information.

Regards
Hi Narseh

UKBA will more concern about your MIL social and economic ties in her home country.
Documents from UK.
1.Your whole family passport and visa copies.
2.Green file copies (your wife expected date)
3.Proof of your income and wage slips.
4.Tenancy agreement or If own house than proof of that
5.Housing inspection report. That there is sufficient place in your house to accommodate your MIL.
6.Sponsorship letter. Stated u r sponsoring your MIL attested by a solicitor.
7.Your bank statement at least 2000 pounds. 1or 2 months
Documents from India
These documents r very very important. it's your MIL responsibility to show that she has very strong social and economic ties back home that after her visit she will go back to her home country, and she can support herself without resource to public funds,
1.Your MIL bank statement at least 6 to 10 laks. Atleast 6 months
2.Your MIL named property deeds, savings certificates.
3.Source of income like wages, payslips, business, shops
4.if rental income coming than proof of that
5.If she is supporting by her husband and sons than proof of their income and their bank statements. Covering letter from them that why they r sponsoring her.
6.If your MIL does not have 2, 3, 4 than your FIL 2,3,4 r very important.
7.If your FIL has 1,2,3,4 than it's better that your FIL apply at the same time with your MIL. Your chances of getting visa's will increase. Than your FIL will be the main applicant.
8. If your MIL has sons or daughters currently going to school or college than letter from their school and college. This shows she has social ties in india.
9. If your FIL and MIL both applying and they have school and college going children than u also need a guardianship letter. Of course they can't leave children by their own. Someone will look after them.
Burden of proof is on your FIL or MIL shoulder to proof that they r genuine visitor and can support themselves without public funds and they will leave uk after their visit because they have economic and social ties back home

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

OrestGSM
Newly Registered

Post by OrestGSM » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Zee ali wrote:
naresh27 wrote:Hi All,

Regards
Hi Narseh

UKBA will more concern about your MIL social and economic ties in her home country.
Documents from UK.
1.Your whole family passport and visa copies.
2.Green file copies (your wife expected date)
3.Proof of your income and wage slips.
4.Tenancy agreement or If own house than proof of that
5.Housing inspection report. That there is sufficient place in your house to accommodate your MIL.
6.Sponsorship letter. Stated u r sponsoring your MIL attested by a solicitor.
7.Your bank statement at least 2000 pounds. 1or 2 months
Documents from India
These documents r very very important. it's your MIL responsibility to show that she has very strong social and economic ties back home that after her visit she will go back to her home country, and she can support herself without resource to public funds,
1.Your MIL bank statement at least 6 to 10 laks. Atleast 6 months
2.Your MIL named property deeds, savings certificates.
3.Source of income like wages, payslips, business, shops
4.if rental income coming than proof of that
5.If she is supporting by her husband and sons than proof of their income and their bank statements. Covering letter from them that why they r sponsoring her.
6.If your MIL does not have 2, 3, 4 than your FIL 2,3,4 r very important.
7.If your FIL has 1,2,3,4 than it's better that your FIL apply at the same time with your MIL. Your chances of getting visa's will increase. Than your FIL will be the main applicant.
8. If your MIL has sons or daughters currently going to school or college than letter from their school and college. This shows she has social ties in india.
9. If your FIL and MIL both applying and they have school and college going children than u also need a guardianship letter. Of course they can't leave children by their own. Someone will look after them.
Burden of proof is on your FIL or MIL shoulder to proof that they r genuine visitor and can support themselves without public funds and they will leave uk after their visit because they have economic and social ties back home

Regards
I'm looking to invite my FIL for 3 months and if anyone can clarifies the following:
Documents from UK.
3. Proof of your income and wage slips.
For how many month and amount?
5.Housing inspection report. - what is that and where to get one? is it necessary?
6.Sponsorship letter. - anyone got an example?
7.Your bank statement at least 2000 pounds. - is that saving account? should it be for 6 months? or could be less.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:28 pm

OrestGSM wrote: I'm looking to invite my FIL for 3 months and if anyone can clarifies the following:
Documents from UK.
3. Proof of your income and wage slips.
For how many month and amount?
5.Housing inspection report. - what is that and where to get one? is it necessary?
6.Sponsorship letter. - anyone got an example?
7.Your bank statement at least 2000 pounds. - is that saving account? should it be for 6 months? or could be less.
3. atleast for the last 3 months. There is no fixed amount.
5. Not required unless you have a small house and are inviting a big party. for one or two visitors this is not required.
6. check the sticky on the top of the page
7. atleast for the last 3 months in an account that is readilly accessible i.e. not fixed deposit

conv
Newly Registered

Post by conv » Thu May 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to visit my brother in the UK for around a month
He is currently working there and he's sponsoring my trip and I will stay with him

Ive got all the required docs from his side as well as mine, the only document that is missing is his tenancy agreement and he cant get in touch with his landlord as the landlord's abroad for atm

So my question is that is it okay if I've got his address proof on his original bank statement and his pay slip? he's also got the full address written down on the invitation letter

if not the above then..My brother's friend lives in a rented apartment and he's got a spare room so can my brother write in the invitation letter that I will be staying at his friend's place as he's got a spare room? His friend will provide the tenancy agreement and a letter from him saying that he is happy to accommodate me for my whole stay

I'd also like to add that I was in the uk a year ago on a tier 4 visa, would this make my application more likely to be successfull?

Hope to get some feedback , it'b be really helpful to clear my doubts and to proceed with my application

Thanks in advance

OrestGSM
Newly Registered

Post by OrestGSM » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:16 pm

6. check the sticky on the top of the page
Please advice should this letter by certified by solicitor? or my signature will be enough or I must use form SU07/12? https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-su07