ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant of EU national

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baskey

Dependant of EU national

Post by baskey » Mon May 21, 2007 12:23 pm

Hi all,

This query is on behalf of my friend, Who is is a German citizen. His wife is a Srilankan with German resident permit. He wants to move to UK and find a job here and settle.

Can any one please let me know, what kind of visa he should apply for his wife. Should he apply EEA dependent visa or a Settlement visa? Also can he apply for these visas without having a firm job offer in the UK?

Pls let us know, what are all the paperwork needed for the same.

Thanks,

Regards,

Baskey

Baskey

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon May 21, 2007 12:55 pm

He would have his wife apply for an EEA FAmily Permit. I don't think she could apply for a spousal visa and he is not permanently settled in the UK.
Have your friend have a look on the wesite for his nearest British consulate and he should find all the info he needs there.

I'm not sure if he needs a firm job offer to make the application. A job-seeker is considered a way of exercising treaty rights, but I'm not sure what documentation he would have to submit to prove that. Hopefully someone else on here would have a better idea.