ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Help!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fsarif
Newly Registered

ILR - Help!

Post by fsarif » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:37 pm

hello my husband came to the UK 2 years ago and he is now about to apply for ILR after his 2 year probation. My problem is the Life in the UK test. He has done 4 tests and still has been unable to pass. His renewal is up at the end of the month. Can anyone please guide me as to what i need to do now?

I understand i will have to apply for an extension using FLM(m) forms but when can i then apply for his ILR?

Everything else is in place - we own a house, both work have savings etc i can prove our relationship is genuine etc the only thing i dont have is the test.

Can i apply for extension now and then as soon as he passes the life in the uk can i go and get his ILR or do i have to wait?

I have searched the net and UKBA but cant find any clear cut answers.

Please help!!

SArif

pinkpop

Re: ILR - Help!

Post by pinkpop » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:46 pm

I think he can apply ilr as soon as he passed his test. All the best.

shak80

Post by shak80 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:50 pm

You must need to pass life in the uk test it is mandatory requirement. You need to give time to yourself to study
More and more to pass the test, you can hire a tutor in your own mother language.
Also you can get more extension in your current visa if you have not passed the test.

fsarif
Newly Registered

Post by fsarif » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:07 pm

thank you for your help!

I know the test is mandatory but i just wanted to know if i apply for extension using FLR(m) forms can i then straight away apply for his ILR as soon as he passes his test or does he have to complete another 2 year probation period?

Also will i have to pay £953 now for extension and then £1453 again for his ILR?

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:56 am

FSARIF

If your husband does not clears the test before his spouse visa expires, then you have no option but to extend leave using FLR (M) form. After the extension, he is able to apply for ILR straight away as soon as he passes the LIUK test. This is because he has already completed his 2 years probation period.

So YES is the answer to the question.

Now with regards to the LIUK Test, the best advice I can give you is to read the book thoroughly and remember the key events and dates from each chapter. If you cover the book thoroughly and completely, then you will have no issues passing the test. Don't rely on practice tests online. You can use them to test your knowledge but don't rely on them as they will not help you pass the test. The BOOK will.

I remember when I passed it 5 years ago, it was a lot simple then these days.

fsarif
Newly Registered

Post by fsarif » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Thank you all so much for your help and advise much appreciated