ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement, Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leon92
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement, Please help

Post by leon92 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi,

My wife will apply for ILR soon but I am confused about the English Requirement. Does she need to pass a test? She studied English in an English school around 2 years ago and has got a certificate from the school and the level is upper intermediate (B2) and the requirement is intermediate only (B1)

But when I check the UKBA website, it gives an impression that she needs to pass a test (Like Cambridge exams etc)

Please help, many thanks.

leon92
Newly Registered

Re: English Language Requirement, Please help

Post by leon92 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:10 am

Any help or can someone share a link for this topic?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:43 am

Check whether your wife's English test is on this approve list:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

leon92
Newly Registered

Post by leon92 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Many thanks i noticed that her english school is on the list of British Council accredited schools

Does this mean that the certificate she has got is valid?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Is the test listed?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

leon92
Newly Registered

Post by leon92 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi

My wife did not take any tests as shown on the link.

She went to an English school for 10 months (in 2011) and upon completion of the studies they gave her a certificate showing her level. Obviously she took tests within the school.

This school is accredited by British council. (Accreditation UK as on UKBA website)

http://www.britishcouncil.org/accreditation-az-list.htm

So I am assuming the certificate is valid? Or she has to take new exams as in your link?