ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kuns5
Newly Registered

tier 1

Post by kuns5 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:52 pm

Hello everyone.

It is very nice site for the help everybody. I would like to know about tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. Can I do any retail business under this category. its like a convenience store.... Please somebody suggest me .... Thanks a lot...

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Re: tier 1

Post by Princess of Ammi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:09 pm

1.yes please if you are applying from out side the UK and the money that you have available to invest is 200,000 or more.
2.you if applying from In side UK have a back up of not less than 50,000 from listed capital venture firms.

it is because running a retail shop where services to clients(customers) are just selling food or everyday use products is level 3 or below, to have been considered for tier entrepreneur through PSW(50,000 route) you need to meet the graduate level job requirement which is not possible through running a retail shop
thanks,

kuns5
Newly Registered

Post by kuns5 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14 pm

So if want to do retail shop business which is level 3 category can you please suggest me what visa application i can do for the level 3 or below graduate level job. and thank you very much for the help.

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 pm

that is something to do with level of investment one qualifies for as there may be visa categories where an investor can choose the business while the level of investment is on visa condition. you need a profession help from business consultant and or lawyer on that
thanks,

VentureCapital Route

Post by VentureCapital Route » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:25 am

Princess of Ammi wrote:1.yes please if you are applying from out side the UK and the money that you have available to invest is 200,000 or more.
2.you if applying from In side UK have a back up of not less than 50,000 from listed capital venture firms.

it is because running a retail shop where services to clients(customers) are just selling food or everyday use products is level 3 or below, to have been considered for tier entrepreneur through PSW(50,000 route) you need to meet the graduate level job requirement which is not possible through running a retail shop
I am waiting to hear from a friend who works in banking in London to find out a VC firm that can fund £50K may be based on personal guarantees etc. I will update on the forum.