ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can children apply for Registeration based on ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JJUK
Newly Registered

Can children apply for Registeration based on ILR

Post by JJUK » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Hello, Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience with me. May I briefly explain my situation here, my daughters were born here in the UK before us getting the ILR, so we got the ILR for the whole family. We dont want to settle here due to family commitment, our both parents getting older back-home. Our daughters (12 years old and 6 years old) would like to become British citizen so they can go on school trips overseas without any visa restrictions and also can visit other relatives in Australia and US when ever they want. My question is:

1.Can we register them (MN1) form without parents applying for British citizenship?

On MN1 (page 8 Section 3) form it says:
2.Please say which parent is the one who is a British citizen by descent and on whom this application is based

In our case neither of us is a British citizen, can you kindly guide us what to write in that box.

I shall be grateful to you.

Thanks again
JJUK

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Can children apply for Registeration based on ILR

Post by Jambo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:00 pm

1. Yes.
2. Section 3 of the form is not required for applicants born in the UK (applying under 1(3)).

You could have skipped the ILR application for the children and save the cost.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

JJUK
Newly Registered

Post by JJUK » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi Jambo

Thanks for the swift reply and guidance, can we apply via NCS without sending passport to HO. As we booked flights to travel during Easter holidays? How much will it cost please altogether.

Much obliged
JJUK

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:04 am

Yes. You can use NCS.

Check the fees leaftlet (link in the FAQ) for the exact amount but for 2 children it's about £1200 for the application + £50-100 for NCS (prices vary between councils).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)